This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Preliminary Design Research for the Caravan 1 Crew Seat
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 1985 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The Cessna Caravan 1 crew seat/restraint system incorporates many new design features. This system is the result of several iterations of development and evaluations using dynamic test procedures. The testing was done at the Protection and Survival Laboratory dynamic impact test track facility of the FAA Civil Aeromedical Institute. The recommendations of the General Aviation Safety Panel influenced the test procedures and pass/fail criteria for this project. Data from the dynamic tests provided valuable information on features of seat/restraint system design.
|Technical Paper||Cessna Aircraft Commercial Division Quality Control Program|
|Technical Paper||Dynamic Testing of a Side Facing Seat|
|Technical Paper||Data for the Development of Criteria for General Aviation Seat and Restraint System Performance|
CitationRathgeber, R. and Parker, P., "Preliminary Design Research for the Caravan 1 Crew Seat," SAE Technical Paper 850856, 1985, https://doi.org/10.4271/850856.
- Cronkite, James D. “Crashworthy Design Concepts for Airframe Structures of Light Aircraft” SAE paper 810613 presented at the SAE Business Aircraft Meeting and Exposition Wichita, Kansas April 1981
- “Single-Engine Fixed Wing General Aviation Accidents” NTSB-AAS-79-1 National Transportation Safety Board Washington, D.C. May 31 1979
- Carden, H.D. “Correlation and Assessment of Structural Airplane Crash Data with Flight Parameters at Impact” NASA Langley Research Center 1983
- Coltman, J.W. Bolukbasi, A.O. Laananen, D.H. “Simulation of Aircraft Seat Response to a Crash Environment” SAE paper 810612 presented at the SAE Business Aircraft Meeting and Exposition Wichita, Kansas April 1981
- Carden, Huey D. Hayduk, Robert J. “Aircraft Subfloor Response to Crash Loadings” SAE paper 810614 presented at the SAE Business Aircraft Meeting and Exposition Wichita, Kansas April 1981
- Sarraille, S.R. Hearn, N.D. “Dynamic Tests of a Yielding Seat and Seat Belt System for Crash Protection” Structures Report 358 Australian Defense Scientific Service Aeronautical Research Laboratories, Department of Defense Melbourne, Australia March 1975
- Garrison, J.R. Waldrup, H.H. “The Bell Model 222” SAE paper 770951 presented at the SAE Aerospace Meeting Los Angeles, California November 1977
- Final Report of an Informal Panel on General Aviation Safety Olcott John W. Helms J. Lynn FAA Administration February 9 1983
- Chandler, Richard F. “Crash Injury Protection Research at CAMI” SAE paper 830746 presented at the SAE Business Aircraft Meeting & Exposition Wichita, Kansas April 1983
- Eiband, Martin A. “Human Tolerance to Rapidly Applied Accelerations. A Summary of the Literature” NASA Memo 5-19-59E
- “Proposal on Enhanced Crash Tolerance for Small FAR 23 General Aviation Aircraft with Fewer Than 10 Passenger Seats” Federal Aviation Administration by the General Aviation Safety Panel June 7 1984