This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Vehicle Analysis with respect to Passive Safety and Economic Effects
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1985 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Within the framework of the VOI Project (VOI = Economically justified passenger protection, a research project supported by the German Federal Ministry of Research and Technology) and based on a comparative analysis of cars in various weight classes, vehicles were selected whose responses to safety relevant measures were representative for the vehicle population in the Federal Republic of Germany. The force/deformation characteristics required to validate the crash simulation model used for optimisation calculations have also been determined. Finally the effects of modified vehicle crush structure force/deformation characteristics on sticker price, operation and maintenance cost, and post-accident total expenses have been quantified.
|Technical Paper||Crash Sensor Development|
|Technical Paper||HIGH SPEED IMPACT AND AGGRESSIVITY ANALYSIS OF THE CALSPAN/CHRYSLER RESEARCH SAFETY VEHICLE (RSV)|
|Technical Paper||A Revised Damage Analysis Procedure for the CRASH Computer Program|
CitationHoefs, R., Hamm, L., and Brandsch, H., "Vehicle Analysis with respect to Passive Safety and Economic Effects," SAE Technical Paper 850517, 1985, https://doi.org/10.4271/850517.
- “Entwicklung von PKW im Hinblick auf einen volkswirtschaftlich optimalen Insassetsschutz” Final Report 1984
- Richter, B. “Development of Vehicles with Economically Justified Passenger Protection - A Survey” SAE-Technical Paper Series 1985
- Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt Fiensburg “Bestand an Kraftfahrzeugen und Kraftfahrzeuganhangern am 1.Juli 1979”
- Bundesanstalt für Straßenwesen “Wirksamkeitsuntersuchungen, Maßnahmenbeurteilung, Wirtschaftlichkeitsanalyse, Statistik” Tätigkeitsbericht 1978-1980
- Jäger, W. Lindenlaub, K.-H. “Nutzen/Kosten-Untersuchung von Verkehrssicherheitsmaßnahmen” FAT-Schriftenreihe Nr.5 Frankfurt/Main 1977
- Zobel, R. “Economically Justified Passenger Protection - Results of Simulation” SAE-Technical Paper Series 1985
- Hoefs, R. Rauser, M. Georgi, R. “Basic Considerations on the Benefit of Passive Safety Measures to Passenger Cars and their Effects on Fuel Consumption” IAVD Congress on Vehicle Design and Components Geneva 1984