This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Extended Range Air-to-Fuel Ratio Sensor
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1984 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
An oxygen sensor based on electrochemical pumping is described which is capable of measuring with high sensitivity A/F over an extended range from very lean to very rich A/F values. The sensor output is approximately proportional to A/F, has a weak dependence on temperature and is essentially independent of the gas pressure.
|Technical Paper||New Type of NOx Sensors for Automobiles|
|Technical Paper||Compact Thick Film Type Oxygen Sensor|
|Technical Paper||Numerical Modeling of the Dynamic Transport of Multi-Component Exhaust Gases in Oxygen Sensors|
CitationVassell, W., Logothetis, E., and Hetrick, R., "Extended Range Air-to-Fuel Ratio Sensor," SAE Technical Paper 841250, 1984, https://doi.org/10.4271/841250.
- Rivard J. G. “Closed Loop Electronic Fuel Injection Control of IC Engines” SAE Paper No. 730005 SAE Congress Detroit February 1973 Zechnell R. Baumann G. Eisele H. “Closed Loop Exhaust Emission Control System with Electronic Fuel Injection” SAE Paper No. 730566 SAE Congress Detroit May 1973
- Fleming W. J. Howarth D. S. Eddy D. S “Sensor for On-Vehicle Detection of Engine Exhaust Gas Composition” SAE Paper No. 730575 SAE Contress Detroit May 1973
- Dueker H. Friese K. H. Haecker V. D. “Ceramic Aspects of the Bosch Lambda-Sensor” SAE Paper No. 750223 SAE Congress Detroit February 1975
- Logothetis E. M. “ZrO 2 Oxygen Sensors in Automotive Applications” Proceedings First Intern. Conf. on Zirconia, Advances in Ceramics 3 388 Heuer A. H. Hobbs L. W. Amer. Ceram. Soc. 1981
- Hetrick R. E. Fate W. A. Vassell W. C. “Oxygen Sensing by Electrochemical Pumping SAE Paper No. 810433 SAE Congress Detroit February 1981 Hetrick R. E. Fate W. A. Vassell W. C. “Oxygen Sensing by Electrochemical Pumping” Appl. Phys. Letters 38 390 1981
- Fleming W. J. “Engine Sensors: State of the Art” SAE Paper No. 820904 Convergence ′82, Intern. Congress on Transportation Electron Proceedings P-111 97 1982
- Spacil H. S. Elliott J. F. Schroeder D. L. White F. W. U. S. Patent No. 3,514,377 May 26 1970 Beckmans N. M. Heyne L. “An Instrument for Monitoring Low Oxygen Pressures” Philips Technical Review 31 112 1970
- Teplin L. B. Bode J. D. U. S. Patent No. 4,169,440 October 2 1970 Kimura S. Takao H. Ishitani S. Skezawa K. Aoki H. U. S. Pant No. 4,224, 113
- Logothetis E. M. Vassell W. C. Hetrick R. E.
- Young C. T. “Experimental Analysis of ZrO 2 Oxygen Sensor Transient Switching Behavior” SAE Paper No. 810380 Automotive Engineering Congress Detroit February 1981
- 2 2