This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Noise Control in Hydraulic Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1984 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Most modern equipment uses hydraulics to supply necessary power and motion around the circuit. This means that the fluid power designer has a responsible role to play in controlling the level of radiated noise. He should be thinking about noise control while developing the overall design. He should be aware of the steps that can he introduced to meet legislative requirements and not rely on ‘after the fact’ boxes and wrappings. In other words he must ‘design in’ noise and vibration control at the design stage.
This paper attempts to review some of the principles behind noise control design. Unfortunately it may only serve to highlight how much we have yet to learn about the topic.
|Technical Paper||Subaru New Horizontally Opposed 4-valve Engine|
|Technical Paper||Overview of the Experimental Approach to Statistical Energy Analysis|
CitationMartin, H., "Noise Control in Hydraulic Systems," SAE Technical Paper 841062, 1984, https://doi.org/10.4271/841062.
- Diehl G. M. Machinery Acoustics Wiley 1973
- Lord H. Gatley W. S. Evensen H. A. Noise Control For Engineers McGraw-Hill 1980
- Faulkner L. L. Handbook of Industrial Noise Control Industrial Press NY 1976
- Beranek L. L. Noise and Vibration Control McGraw-Hill 1971
- Martin H. R. Hydraulics and Pneumatics Noise Analysis and Control In Fluid Power Systems, parts 1-5; part 1 Jan. 1982
- Martin H. R. Effects Of Pipes And Hoses On Hydraulic Circuit Noise And Performance 37th National Conf. On Fluid Power Chicago 1981
- Martin H. R. Beck A. Hydraulic Mufflers For Noise And Vibration Control 38th National Conf. On Fluid Power Houston 1982
- Martin H. R. McCloy D. The Control Of Fluid Power 2nd Ellis Harwood (and Wiley) 1980
- Zeng Yi-Chun Analytical Approach For Sizing A Damping Accumulator Hyd And Pneumatics September 1982
- Bruel and Kjaer Noise Control 1982