This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Thermoelectric Integrated Membrane Evaporation Subsystem Operational Improvements
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 01, 1984 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A three-man preprototype Thermoelectric Integrated Membrane Evaporation Subsystem (TIMES) has been developed to provide high quality water recovery from waste fluids on extended duration space flights. In the most recent effort, a number of improvements have been made to simplify subsystem operation and increase performance. These modifications include changes to the hollow fiber membrane evaporator, the condensing section of the thermoelectric heat pump, and the electronic controller logic and display. This paper describes the results of the test program that was conducted to evaluate the implemented improvements. In addition, an advanced design concept is discussed that will provide lower electrical power consumption, greater water production capacity, lower weight, and a smaller package than the present subsystem configuraton.
|Technical Paper||Recent Developments in Automotive Condensers and Receiver-Dryer Technology|
|Technical Paper||Design of a Water Electrolysis Flight Experiment|
|Aerospace Standard||Sealing Techniques for Missile Applications|
CitationDehner, G., Winkler, H., and Reysa, R., "Thermoelectric Integrated Membrane Evaporation Subsystem Operational Improvements," SAE Technical Paper 840934, 1984, https://doi.org/10.4271/840934.
- Trusch R. B. Roebelen G. J. Jr. “A Thermoelectric Integrated Membrane Evaporation System,” ASME Paper No. 78-ENAs-19 Intersociety Conference on Environmental Systems San Diego, California July 1978
- Winkler H. E. Roebelen G. J. Jr. “Development of a Preprototype Thermoelectric Integrated Membrane Evaporation Subsystem for Water Recovery,” ASME Paper No. 80-ENAs-46 Intersociety Conference on Environmental Systems San Diego, California July 1980
- Roebelen G. J. Jr. Dehner G. F. Winkler H. E. “Thermoelectric Integrated Membrane Evaporation Water Recovery Technology,” SAE Paper No. 820849 Twelfth Intersociety Conference on Environmental Systems San Diego, CA July 1982
- Colombo G. V. Greenley D.R. Putnam D. F. Saver R. L. “Advanced Microbial Check Valve Development” ASME Paper No. 81-ENAs-45 Intersociety Conference for Environmental Systems San Francisco, CA July 1981
- Colombo G. V. Greenley D. R. “Advanced Microbial Check Valve Development,” Final Report, NAS9-15854 Umpqua Research Company June 1980
- Winkler H. E. Verostko C. E. Dehner G. F. “Urine Pretreatment for Wastewater Processing Systems, ” SAE Paper No. 831113 Thirteenth Intersociety Conference on Environmental Systems San Francisco, CA July 1983