This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Changing Environment — Combat Vehicle Technology in a Historical Perspective
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 1984 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper discusses the impact of changing mission requirements on combat vehicle design and of new combat vehicle technology on tactics. A major shift in ground warfare tactics is predicted based on new developments in technology and historical precedents. It was written to provide an introduction and framework for the session on combat and tactical vehicles of which it was part.
CitationDobbs, H., "The Changing Environment — Combat Vehicle Technology in a Historical Perspective," SAE Technical Paper 840852, 1984, https://doi.org/10.4271/840852.
- Santayana George The Life of Reason: Vol 1, Reason in Common Sense New York Scribner's 1905-1906 5
- Coggins Jack Arms & Equipment of the Civil Mar New York The Fairfax Press 45
- Fuller J. F. C. “The Application of Recent Development in Mechanics and other Scientific Knowledge to Preparation and Training for Future War on Land”, Royal United Service Institution Journal May 1920
- Fuller J. F. C. The Reformation of War 1923
- Liddell Hart B. H. The Remaking of Modern Armies 1927
- Tuchman Barbara W. A Distant Mirror New York Alfred A. Knopf 1978 187
- Ogorkiewicz R. M. Armored Forces London, Arms and Armor Press, Lionel Leventhal Ltd. 1970 214 215
- Encyclopedia of Firearms Peterson Harold L. New York E. P. Dutton and Company Inc. 1964 221
- Catton Bruce Gettysburg: The Final Fury Garden City, New York Doubleday and Company, Inc. 1974 88
- MacIntyre Donald Bathe Basil W. Man-of-War New York McGraw-Hill Book Company 1969 129
- Hough Richard Dreadnought New York McMillan Publishing Co., Inc. 1964 8
- Cuniberti Vittorio “An Ideal Battleship for the British Fleet,” Jane's Fighting Ships 1903
- Hough Richard Dreadnought New York MacMillan Publishing Co., Inc. 1964 15 17
- Hough Richard Dreadnought New York MacMillan Publishing Co., Inc. 1964 20 22
- Lord Walter Incredible Victory New York Harper & Row 1967
- Harpers Pictorial History of the Civil War New York The Fairfax Press Library of Congress Catalog Card #77-79256 1866 Harper & Brothers 516