This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Optical Link for Automotive Multiplex Wiring
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1984 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
An optical link has been developed for automotive multiplex wiring. The link transmits 16 bilateral (full-duplex) data with a plastic optical pair cord and time-division multiplexing, and can be operated in interior compartments.
The structure and material of a plastic optical cord and optical connectors were studied, and mass-producible, low cost ones have been developed.
A transceiver module is composed of a newly developed LSI for multiplexing and a hybrid IC for E/O, O/E, and I/O, and has characteristics important for practical use such as small size and light weight, low current consumption, wide optical dynamic range for elimination of adjustment, enough speed rate, and sufficiently high output current for actuating relays.
- Y. Enomoto - Telecommunication Division, The Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan
- J. Nakajima - Telecommunication Division, The Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan
- S. Inao - Telecommunication Division, The Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan
- Y. Himono - Central Research Laboratory
- M. Miyahara - Central Research Laboratory
- K. Nishimura - Central Research Laboratory
CitationHimono, Y., Miyahara, M., Nishimura, K., Enomoto, Y. et al., "Optical Link for Automotive Multiplex Wiring," SAE Technical Paper 840494, 1984, https://doi.org/10.4271/840494.
- Bell R.E. “Multiplexing -Past, Present, Future” SAE paper 760178
- Montgomery Jeff D. et al. “Fiber Optics in Vehicular Applications” CH1638-6/81/0000-0019 IEEE 1981
- Rogers W.A. et al. “Multiplex System for Automobiles” Proc. of Vehicular Tech. Soc. IEEE 1980
- Sekiguchi Koichi “Fiber Optic Application in Automobile” Electro Conf Rec 1982
- Yumoto Nobuo et al. “Optical Data Link for Multiplex Wiring” SAE paper 830320
- Mitsubishi Rayon Co., Ltd. “Eska Extra ” Catalog No. OF-010 1983