This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Direct Digital Control of Electronic Unit Injectors
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1984 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A new type of diesel fuel injection uses a simple, medium-pressure, common-rail system with pressure intensifier and accumulator type unit injectors with digital electronic control to achieve high performance at low cost.
The desirable features of high injection pressures with quantity and timing controlled directly by microprocessor are attained with a simple unique system. Data are presented on performance, efficiency, emissions, and relative cost. It is concluded that electronically controlled high pressure injection offers a practical and economical solution for efficient combustion in a diesel engine.
|Technical Paper||High Pressure Fuel Injection-A Rational Approach to Diesel Engine Efficiency, Emissions, and Economics|
|Technical Paper||CRIDEC-A Practical Solution To High-Performance, All Electronic Fuel Injection For Diesel Engines|
CitationJohn Beck, N., Barkhimer, R., Calkins, M., Johnson, W. et al., "Direct Digital Control of Electronic Unit Injectors," SAE Technical Paper 840273, 1984, https://doi.org/10.4271/840273.
- Downs D. “Future Engine Trends” 1982 XIX International FISITA Congress Melbourne, Australia
- Burman Paul G. DeLuca Frank Fuel Injection and Controls For Internal Combustion Engines
- Hooker Ralph J. “Orion, A Gas Generator Turbocompound Engine” 65 1957 SAE Transactions
- Akagi J. Edo T. Sakasai T. Tsumura Y. “A New Accumulator Fuel Injection System For Direct Injection Diesel Engines” SAE Paper No. 821114
- Wadman B. “High Pressure Fuel Injection” Diesel Progress North America April 1983 16 18
- Barkhimer R.L. Beck N.J. Weseloh W.E. “Development of a Durable, Reliable and Fast Responding Solenoid Valve” SAE Paper No. 831326
- Parker R.F. “Future Fuel Injection System Requirements of Diesel Engines for Mobile Power” SAE Paper No. 760125
- Reams L.A. Wiemero T.A. Levin M.B. Wade W.R. “Capabilities of Diesel Electronic Fuel Control” SAE Paper No. 820449
- Campbell J. Scholl J. Hibbler F. Bagley S. Leddy D. Abata D. Johnson J. “The Effect of Fuel Injection Rate and Timing on the Physical, Chemical, and Biological Character of Particulate Emissions From a Direct Injection Diesel” SAE Paper No. 810996