This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Comments on Oil Seals for Engine Applications in Small Size Japanese Passenger Cars
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1984 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
According to the 1982 Japanese Engine Data Book, 249 automobile engine models are used, including gasoline and diesel engines. Among them, 87 models (approximately 60% of all 4-cycle gasoline engine models), are designed for small passenger car applications, with displacements between 1.51 and 2.00.
This paper will highlight the area such as Seals for Automobile Engine Applications, Present Automotive Engine Seal Situation in Japan and Countermeasure Activity for Field Claims.
|Technical Paper||A Well Designed Cylinder Head Gasket - That Thin Margin of Success|
|Technical Paper||Cylinder Head Gaskets for High Peak Pressures|
|Technical Paper||Structural Analysis of Diesel Engine Cylinder Head Gasket Joints|
CitationMatsushima, A., Ohtaki, M., Hirabayashi, H., Iida, S. et al., "Comments on Oil Seals for Engine Applications in Small Size Japanese Passenger Cars," SAE Technical Paper 840191, 1984, https://doi.org/10.4271/840191.
- Internal Combustion Engine 1981 Special Edition
- Hirabayashi H. Ohtaki M. Yukimasa T. Matsushima A. “Trouble and Countermeasure of seals for Automotive Application - Part II” SAE Technical Paper No. 800530 1980 1 24
- Brink R.V. “The Heat Load of an Oil Seal” Proc. of 6th Int. Conf. on Fluid Sealing, Paper C-1, Organized by BHRA 1978-2 C1-1 10
- Ohtaki, M. “Relationship between Lubricating Oil with Low Viscosity and Some Problem on Oil Seals” JSLE - Education Data 1982 75 35
- Tanoue T. Ishiwata H. Tada, H. “Effects of Solid Particles in Lubricating Oil on the Wear of Oil Seals and Shafts” Proc. of 5th Int. Conf. on Fluid Sealing, Paper D1, Organized by BHRA 1971 D1-1 20
- Hirabayashi H. Yukimasa T. Uchino K. “Effect of Foreign Matters on Sealing Chracteristics of Oil Seals” SAE Technical Paper No. 770175 1977 1 12
- Hirabayashi H. Ohtaki M. Yukimasa T. Matsushima A. “Development of New-type Oil Seals for Automotive Application” SAE Technical paper No. 800531 1980 1 12
- Hirabayashi H. Ohtaki M. Tanoue H. Matsushima A. “Troubles and Countermeasures on Oil Seals for Automotive Application” SAE Technical Paper no. 790346 1979 1 20
- RMA “Application Guide for Radial Lip-type Shaft Seals” RMR - Technical Bulletin 1973 1 11
- Hirabayashi H. Yukimasa T. Uchino K. “Effect of Quality of Lubricating Oil on Sealing Characteristics of Oil Seals” SAE Technical Paper No. 780406 1978 1 16
- Kawahara Y. Hirabayashi H. Matsushima A. “Effect of Surface Condition of Lip on Sealing Phenomena of Oil Seals” SAE Technical Paper No. 780405 1978 1 12
- Horve L. A. “Evolution of the Modern Elastomeric Radial Lip Seal” SAE Technical Paper No. 800273 (SP-464) 1930 424 432
- Kawahara Y. Yukimasa T. Hirabayashi H. “Performance of Helix-type Lip Seal” 37th Annual Meeting of ASLE (Published) 1982 1 24
- Hirabayashi H. Oka K. Ishiwata H. “The Relationship between Ring, Meat Transfer and Sealing Condition (on Water Pump Seals)” Proc. of 4th Int. Conf. on Fluid Sealing, Paper No. 13. Organized by BHRA 1959 115 123
- Kawahara Y. Muto Y. Hirabayashi H. “A Study of Lubrication Characteristics on Valve Stem Seals for Automobile Engines” SAE Technical Paper No. 790350 1979 1 12
- Terai K. Hirabyashi H. Matsushima A. “A Study of Dust Over Seals for Ball Joint Application” SAE Technical Paper No. 770176 1977 1 12