This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Design of a Three-Wheeled, High Performance Sports/Commuter Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 08, 1983 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The purpose of this paper is to promote the understanding and acceptance of a new family of proposed 3-wheeled sports/commuter vehicles. The design of the engineering prototype, the Norton Shrike, is described, and discussion of the dynamic stability aspects and other safety and performance aspects of 3-wheeled vehicles is presented.
|Technical Paper||Three-Wheel Passenger Vehicle Stability and Handling|
|Technical Paper||System Architecture and Algorithm for Advanced Passive Safety by Integration of Surround Sensing Information|
CitationNorton, D., "The Design of a Three-Wheeled, High Performance Sports/Commuter Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 831182, 1983, https://doi.org/10.4271/831182.
- Designing Tomorrow's Cars Korff Walter H. 1980 M-C Publications 419 N. Lamer St., Burbank, CA 91506
- “Handling S Stability of 3-Wheeled Vehicles” Valkenburgh Paul Van Kanianthra Joseph presented at the Electric Vehicle Expo '80 by Systems Technology, Inc. S. Hawthorne Blvd., Hawthorne, CA 90250
- “Car Handling” Batchelor R.B. October 1959 Part of “Chrysler Kit Car” data package Chrysler Corp
- “Road Test Summary” Road & Track magazine May 1981
- “Race Car Engineering and Mechanics” Valkenburgh Paul Van 1976 Dodd, Mead & Company New York
- “Electric Mini-Cars for Urban Driving” Shipps Paul R. 1977 3E Vehicles, PO Box 19409, San Diego, CA
- “Car Suspension & Handling” Bastow Donald 1980 Pentech Press London, England Available from Classic Motorbooks
- “Race Car Design & Development” Terry Len Baker Alien 1973 Robert Bently, Inc. Cambridge, Ma
- “Design of Racing Sports Cars” Campbell Colin 1973 Robert Bently, Inc.
- “Bosch Automotive Handbook 1st English Edition GmbH Robert Bosch Stuttgart, West Germany 1980 400 Commonwealth Drive
- “What Makes Cars Handle?” Hall Jim Car and Driver magazine Ziff Davis Publications Company 1965
- “Racers Complete Reference Guide” Landis Bob 1980 Steve Smith Autosports PO Box 11631, Santa Ana, CA 92711
- “Mechanics of Vehicles” Taborek Jaroslav J. 1957 Penton Publications Company Cleveland, Ohio 44114