This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Traffic Noise Measurements in the City of Bandung, Indonesia
Published November 07, 1983 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Annotation ability available
Traffic noise measurements have been done at several locations representing urban area, center and periphery of the city. The traffic consists of cars, motor cycles, trucks and buses. The percentage of motor cycles is relatively high (30-50%). The flow of vehicles is not uniform with a 24 hour average of more than 1000 vehicles per hour. The noise levels to be measured were L10, L50 and L90. The noise indices to be calculated were Traffic Noise Index (TNI), Equivalent Energy Level (Leq) and Noise Pollution Level (LNP). Evaluation of the noise indices based on the corresponding limit values show that at most of the streets the values have been exceeded. Predictions of L10 (18 hr) compared with the measured values were also discussed.
CitationSoegijanto, ., "Traffic Noise Measurements in the City of Bandung, Indonesia," SAE Technical Paper 830952, 1983.
- Yeowart N.S. Wilcox D.J. Rosall A.W. Community Reactions to Noise from Freely Flowing Traffic, Motorway Traffic and Congested Traffic Flow Journal of Sound and Vibration 1977 53 1 134
- Scholes W.E. Traffic Noise Criteria, Building Research Station Current Paper 38 1969 3 4
- Hothersall B.C. Salter R.J. Transport and the Environment Crosby Lockwood staples London 1977 39
- Harris C.M. Handbook of Noise Control Second Edition MC. Graw Hill Book Co 1979 43 3
- Delany M.E. Harland D.G. Hood R.A. Scholes W.E. The Prediction of Noise Levels L10 due to Road Traffic Journal of Sound and Vibration 1976 48 3 311