This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Finite Element Modeling of Soil-Machine Problems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1983 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A brief description of the Finite Element formulation and its advantages are discussed. A review of past studies dealing with finite element application to soil-machine interaction problems and suggestions for future research are also included.
|Technical Paper||ENGINEERING ASPECTS OF SOIL|
|Technical Paper||Soil Bins and Instrumentation for Research and Engineering Applications|
|Magazine Issue||SAE Off-Highway Engineering 2004-12-01|
CitationPerumpral, J. and Kuppusamy, T., "Finite Element Modeling of Soil-Machine Problems," SAE Technical Paper 830806, 1983, https://doi.org/10.4271/830806.
- Coleman, III, G. E. Perumpral. J. V. 1974 The finite element analysis of soil compaction Trans, of ASAE 14 5 856 860
- Desai, C. S. Phan H. V. Perumpral. J. V. 1982 Mechanics of three-dimensional soil-structure interaction J. Eng. Mech. Div. ASCE 108 731 747
- Orafeko, O. Reece. A. R. 1967. Soil stress and deformation beneath rigid wheels J. Terramechanics 4 1 59 80
- Perumpral, J. V. Liljedahl J. B. Perloff. W. H. 1971 The finite element method for predicting stress distribution and soil deformation under a tractive device Trans. of ASAE 14 6 1184 1188
- Perumpral, J. V. Liljedahl J. B. Perloff. W. H. 1971 A numerical method for predicting the stress distribution and soil deformation under a tractor wheel J. of Terramechanics 8 1 9 22
- Reddy, J. N. Ramussen. M. L. 1982 Advanced Engineering Analysis. Wiley Interscience,N.Y.
- Yong, R. N. Fattah. E. A. 1976 Prediction of wheel-soil interaction and performance using the finite element method J. Terramechanics 13 4 227 240
- Yong, R. N. Hanna. A. W. 1977 Finite element analysis of plane soil cutting J. Terramechanics 14 3 103 125
- Yong, R. N. Fattah E. A. Boonsinsuk. P. 1978 Analysis and prediction of tyre-soil interaction and performance using finite elements J. Terramechanics 15 1 43 63