This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Particulate Control Systems for Diesel Engines Using Catalytically Coated and Uncoated Traps with Consideration of Regeneration Techniques
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1983 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Basic investigations of the particulate control system projects for VW and Audi diesel engines are summarized. A screening test procedure to evaluate the particulate concepts is developed and the significant assessment criteria are defined. The storage and regeneration characteristics as well as balance temperatures, introduced with this paper, are applied to various uncoated and catalytically coated filters. This paper discusses also the parameter studies for uncoated filters.
A survey of regeneration techniques and individual regeneration methods is given with energy consideration and fuel consumption effects. After establishing the current stage, the priorities for further technical development work are set and the problem areas throughout the particulate control field are demonstrated.
Cost-benefit in applicability for production use is considered.
CitationÖser, P. and Thorns, U., "Particulate Control Systems for Diesel Engines Using Catalytically Coated and Uncoated Traps with Consideration of Regeneration Techniques," SAE Technical Paper 830087, 1983, https://doi.org/10.4271/830087.
- Hofbauer P. Sator, K. “Advanced Automotive Power Systems, Part 2: A Diesel for a Subcompact Car” SAE-Paper 770113
- Wiedemann B. Hofbauer, P. “Data Base for Light-Weight Automotive Diesel Power Plants” SAE-Paper 780634
- Brandstetter W. Dziggel, R. “The 4- and 5-Cylinder Turbocharged Diesel Engines for Volkswagen and Audi” SAE-Paper 820441
- Sator, K. Buttgereit W. Sturzebecher, U. “Sew 5- and 6-Cylinder VW Diesel Engines for Passenger Cars and Light Duty Trucks” SAE-Paper 790206
- Oser, P. Pundr D.H. Buttgereit, W. “Engine Testing of Catalysts, Conversion Versus Inlet Conditions” SAE-Paper 720482
- Koberstein, G. Pletka, H.D. Volker, H. “Catalytically Activated Diesel Exhaust Filters, Engine Test Methods and Results” SAE-Paper, Detroit 1983
- Enga, B.E. Buchnsann, M.F. Lichtenstein, I.E. “Catalytic Control of Diesel Particulate 1 ' SAE-Paper 820184
- Wiedemann, B. Dorges, U. Engeler, W. Pottner, B. “Regeneration of Partikel Filter at Low Temperatures” SAE-Paper, Detroit 1983
- Wade, W.R. White, J.E. Florek, J.J. “Diesel Particulate Trap Regeneration Techniques” SAE-Paper 810118