This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Modeling and Simulation of a Two-Stage Pressure Reducing Valve
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1982 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A mathematical model for a two-stage pressure reducing valve connected to a constant pressure supply circuit and a resistance type hydraulic load has been developed. This model can be used for obtaining an optimum design for this kind of valve. A commercial valve (Rivett Model P88-37-93-3/8″) was tested for experimental verification of the model. Computer programs were used to simulate the static and dynamic operation of the valve. Both simulation results and experimental data showed decreases in the reduced pressure drop at high flow rates and fast reduced pressure response to a step input. The speed of response was found to depend on the damping at the poppet stage.
|Technical Paper||Numerical simulation of fluid flow inside a valve for an automotive shock absorber|
|Technical Paper||Modeling and Measuring Exhaust Backpressure Resulting from Flow Restriction Through an Aftertreatment System|
CitationAbdelhamid, M. and Brueck, D., "Modeling and Simulation of a Two-Stage Pressure Reducing Valve," SAE Technical Paper 820488, 1982, https://doi.org/10.4271/820488.
- Gold H., “The Design of Hydraulic Pressure Regulators that are Stable without the Use of Sensing Line or Frictional Dampers,” Proceedings of National Conference on Fluid Power, Chicago, Illinois, October 1977.
- Ma, C. Y. J. Eng. Ind. (Trans. ASME, Series B), 89, No. 2, 301, 1967.
- Merritt H. E., Hydraulic Control Systems, New York, Wiley, 1967.
- Lichtarowicz, A. Duggins, R. and Markland, E. J. Mech. Eng. Sci., 7, No. 2, 210, 1965.
- Stone, J. J. Bas. Eng. (Trans. ASME, Series D), 82, No. 1, 144, 1960.
- Green, L. W. Hydraul. Pneum., 22, July, 97, 1969.
- Green, L. W. Hydraul. Pneum., 23, October, 108, 1970.
- Merryman W. E., “Flow-Induced Forces on Poppet Valves,” M.S. thesis, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, 1970.