This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Automobile Wheel Attachment Design Considerations
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1982 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
General considerations are presented for design of a bolted wheel attachment for an automobile. Discussion covers attachment configurations, loading, failure modes and effects of interfacing components with a view towards maximizing the attachment strength.
|Technical Paper||The Detachment of Wheels from Commercial Vehicles|
|Technical Paper||Optimization of Automotive Wheel Lugnut Tightening|
|Technical Paper||Wheel Materials|
CitationParisen, J., "Automobile Wheel Attachment Design Considerations," SAE Technical Paper 820340, 1982, https://doi.org/10.4271/820340.
- Finkelston R. J. Wallace P. W. “Advances in High Performance Mechanical Fastening” SAE Paper No. 800451 1980
- American National Standard, Unified Inch Screw Threads ANSI Bl.1-1974 American National Standards Institute 1430 Broadway, New York, NY
- General Motors Engineering Standards, Metric Screw Threads page X-2.127
- Parisen J. D. “Length of Thread Engagement in Gray Cast Iron” SAE Paper No. 680130 1968
- Ellison H. W. VanErmen G. L. “Torque-Tension Test Data and Reduction” SAE Paper 690057 1969