This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Modification of Two-Stroke Engine Intake System for Improvements of Fuel Consumption and Performance through the Yamaha Energy Induction System (YEIS)
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1981 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The recent trend of two-stroke gasoline engines indicates that engine power has been ever-increasing. With this trend, new problems have often arisen; that is, there is an area where both engine performance and fuel economy become worse at part-throttle operation. This phenomenon is called the “trough of torque”, and a solution of these problems has been one of the major subjects of two-stroke engine research and development.
This literature discusses the Yamaha Energy Induction System (YEIS), a simple modification of the intake system that has successfully eliminated the trough of torque; thus both engine performance and fuel economy have been greatly improved.
It also discusses the construction and operation of the YEIS, as well as its effect on engine performance and fuel consumption. A large space of this literature is dedicated to the elucidation of the YEIS and the confirmation of improved fuel economy through the mode operation of the YEIS engine.
|Technical Paper||Design and Simulation of Engines: A Century of Progress|
|Technical Paper||Research and Development Work on Rotary Combustion Engines in China|
|Technical Paper||The Air Assisted Direct Injection ELEVATE Automotive Engine Combustion System|
CitationHata, N., Fujita, T., and Matsuo, N., "Modification of Two-Stroke Engine Intake System for Improvements of Fuel Consumption and Performance through the Yamaha Energy Induction System (YEIS)," SAE Technical Paper 810923, 1981, https://doi.org/10.4271/810923.
- Kanehara and others “Automobile Technology” 32 5 1978
- Nohira and others “Japan Machinery Academy Periodical” 83 744
- Endo and others “Automobile Technology” 34 10 1980
- Tsuchiya and others “Characteristics of 2-stroke Motorcycle Exhaust HC Emission and Effect of Air-Fuel Ratio and Ignition Timing” SAE Paper 750908
- Yokomori “Internal Combustion Engines” 10 116 1971
- Nishiwaki “Japan Machinery Academy Paper” 710-14
- Nagao and others “Japan Machinery Academy Paper” 26 171
- Fukuda and others “Measures for Noise Reduction and Design for Noise Suppression”