This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Implementation of EMC Testing of Automotive Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1981 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A complete facility to assure electro-magnetic compatibility of automotive vehicles has been implemented. This facility includes automated shielded anechoic rooms equipped with program controlled dynamometers for radiated susceptibility and radio compatibility testing, computer controlled transient measurement and conducted susceptibility laboratory, open-air sites for narrow and broadband radiated emissions and mobile equipment for onboard vehicle testing. This paper presents the procedures and methods performed in the planning, construction and validation of the facility. Value analysis, system development and implementation results will be detailed.
|Technical Paper||A GTEM Design for EMC-EMI/EMS Pre-Compliance Tests on Automotive Electronic Boards|
|Technical Paper||Fast EMC Emission Measurements in Time Domain|
|Technical Paper||The Implications of the European Automotive EMC Directive|
- J. C. Kinderman - Electromagnetic Compatibility Engineering Staff General Motors Corp.
- R. P. Blink - Electromagnetic Compatibility Engineering Staff General Motors Corp.
- D. J. Eisenlord - Electromagnetic Compatibility Engineering Staff General Motors Corp.
- M. G. Laskowski - Electromagnetic Compatibility Engineering Staff General Motors Corp.
- J. G. Moyer - Electromagnetic Compatibility Engineering Staff General Motors Corp.
- J. P. Peters - Electromagnetic Compatibility Engineering Staff General Motors Corp.
- T. Rybak - Electromagnetic Compatibility Engineering Staff General Motors Corp.
- W. Sperber - Electromagnetic Compatibility Engineering Staff General Motors Corp.
CitationKinderman, J., Blink, R., Eisenlord, D., Laskowski, M. et al., "Implementation of EMC Testing of Automotive Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 810333, 1981, https://doi.org/10.4271/810333.
- Free W. R. “Radiated EMI Measurements in Shielded Enclosures” IEEE EMC Symposium Record 1967
- Free W. R. et al “Electromagnetic Interference Measurement Methods - Shielded Enclosure” Tech. Rep. EC0M-02381-F, Contract DA 28-034, AMC-02381(E) December 1967
- Free W. R. Stuckey C. W. “Electromagnetic Interference Methodology, Communication Equipment” Tech. Rep. ECOM-0189-F, Contract DAAB 07-68-C-0189 October 1969
- Crawford M. L. Thomas C. L. “Converting a Rectangular Shielded Enclosure into a TEM Cell for EMI Measurements” IEEE EMC Symposium Record 1977
- “Electromagnetic Shielding with Coke” Nicholson P. F. July 18 1960
- “E-Field Sensor Light Modulator Transmitter” Instruments for Industry, Inc., Bulletin EFS-1/LMT, T7565M472
- Crawford M. L. “Generation of Standard EM Fields Using TEM Transmission Cells” in IEEE Transactions on EMC November 1974
- MIL-STD-1377 (Navy) “Effectiveness of Cable, Connector, and Weapon Enclosure Shielding and Filters in Precluding Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation to Ordinance; Measurement of” August 20 1971
- Donaldson E. E. et al “Field Measurements Made in an Enclosure” Proceedings of the IEEE April 1978
- Paolini E. Picciolo L. “Measuring Technique for Assessing Interference Radiations Produced from Industrial, Scientific, and Medical (ISM) Apparatus at Microwaves” in IEEE Int. EMC Symposium Record June 1973
- Crawford M. L. Adams J. W. “Factors Influencing Radiated EM Susceptibility Testing of Automotive Electronic Components” SAE Technical Paper # 780657 , Passenger Car Meeting June 5-9 1978
- Emerson W. H. “Electromagnetic Wave Absorbers and Anechoic Chambers Through the Years” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propogation 21 4 July 1973
- Baum C. E. “EMP Simulators for Various Types of Nuclear EMP Environments: An Interim Categorization” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propogation 26 1 1978
- Pollard N. “A Broadband Electromagnetic Environments Simulator (EMES)” IEEE EMC Symposium Record 1977
- “Technical Proposal-Request for Quotation Number 686, 1978” Logimetrics Proposal to GM Engineering Staff-Internal June 1978
- Kerns D. R. Bronaugh E. L. McGinnis W. M. Darilek G. T. “Exposure of Automobiles Used by the General Public to High Strength RF Fields”, GM Engineering Staff-Internal May 1976
- Design Criteria for Vehicle Electro-magnetic Test Facility, Boeing Engineering and Construction, GM Engineering Staff - Internal September 1977
- PDPH Software Handbook, Digital Equipment Corporation 1975
- MIL-STD-285, “Military Standard Attenuation Measurements for Enclosures, Electromagnetic Shielding, for Electronic Test Purposes, Method of
- MIL-STD-105D “Military Standard Sampling Procedures and Tables for Inspection By Attributes.”
- Hiatt R. E. Knott E. F. Senior T. B. A. “A Study of VHF Absorbers and Anechoic Rooms” 5391-1-F February 1963
- Specifications And Request for Bid construction Manager's Proposal for Electromagnetic Chamber for the General Motors Corporation Proving Ground Section, Milford, Michigan, Building and Road Design January 1978
- Brownell F. P. McCutcham D. Nabor T. Rantec Proposal No. 65202, Technical Proposal for a Dual Convertible RF Anechoic Chamber March 1 1978
- NRL Report 8093, Development of Fire Performance Tests for Carbon Impregnated Polyurethane Foams March 1977
- Federal Communications Commission Rules and Regulations, Part 15