This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Photographic and Thermodynamic Study of Diesel Combustion in a Rapid Compression Machine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1981 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A diesel spray and flame in a quiescent atmosphere were realized without interference with combustion chamber walls in a newly constructed rapid compression machine. High speed shadow photography and pressure measurement were employed to obtain data for calculating the amount of air entrainment into the the flame and spray. From a comparison of air entrainment between the flame and spray, it turned out that when ignition delay becomes longer air entrainment into flames is promoted by the thermal expansion of multi-points ignition sources in the central region of the spray.
|Technical Paper||Prediction of Heat Release in a Quiescent Chamber Diesel Engine Allowing for Fuel/Air Mixing|
|Technical Paper||Calculations of Gaseous Products During Combustion in a Diesel Engine Using a Four Zone Model|
CitationKobayashi, H., Kamimoto, T., and Matsuoka, S., "A Photographic and Thermodynamic Study of Diesel Combustion in a Rapid Compression Machine," SAE Technical Paper 810259, 1981, https://doi.org/10.4271/810259.
- Rife J. Heywood J. B. “Photographic and Performance Studies of Diesel Combustion With a Rapid Compression Machine” SAE 740948 Oct. 1974
- Miwa K. Ikegami M. Inada M. “Combustion Analysis of a Diesel Spray by a Rapid Compression Machine” JSME Pre-print No. 79C-6 Apr. 1979 117
- Ogasawara M. et al “Photographic Study on the Spray Combustion by Means of a Rapid Compression Machine” Nainen Kikan (Internal Combustion Engine) 15 180 July 1976 9
- Ziegan D. “Untersuchungen an einem Einhub-Dieseltriebwerk” 38 Apr 1977 159
- Chiu W. S. et al “A Transient spray Mixing Model for Diesel Combustion” SAE 760128 Feb 1976
- Whitehouse N. D. et al “Calculation for Gaseous Products During Combustion in a Diesel Engine Using a Four Zone Model” SAE 770410 Feb 1977
- Kau C. J. et al “The Prediction of Nitric Oxide Formation in a Direct Injection Diesel Engine” 16th. Symp. on Comb 1977 337
- Hiroyasu H. et al “Simulation of Combustion and Exhaust Emissions in Diesel Engines” Joint Sump, on Int. Comb. Engine by JSME and JSAE July 1979 37
- Hiraki H. Rife J. M. “Performance and NOx Model of a Direct Injection Stratified Charge Engine” SAE 800050 Feb 1980
- Ricou F. P. Spalding D. B. “Measurements of Entrainment by Axisymmetrical Turbulent Jets” J. of Fluid Mech 11 1961 21
- Fujita M. et al “Air Entrainment into a Flame” Japan 15th. Symp. on Comb. Dec 1977 165
- Kamimoto T. Matsuoka S. “Prediction of Spray Evaporation in Reciprocating Engine” Trans. SAE 1978 1792 SAE 770413
- Zeuch W. “Neue Verfahren zur Messung des Einsprltzgesetzes und der Einsprltz-Regel-mägigkeit von Diesel-Einspritzpumpen” MTZ 22 1961 344