This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Correlation Studies of an In Line, Full-Flow Opacimeter
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1980 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In-line, full-flow diesel smoke opacity meters have been developed to avoid the many installation and operational problems of using the EPA required end-of-line (open stack) PHS smokemeter. Extensive correlation tests were run to establish relationships between the in-line and PHS meters. These correlation studies included determining the effect of emitted light wave length on particle absorption, effective optical path length measurements and correlation studies with other (Bosch and Hartridge) meters.
CitationGreen, G. and Wallace, D., "Correlation Studies of an In Line, Full-Flow Opacimeter," SAE Technical Paper 801373, 1980, https://doi.org/10.4271/801373.
- “Certification and Test Procedures, Heavy-Duty Engines for 1979 and Later Model Years” Federal Register September 8 1977
- Foitzik I. Herbermehl G. Spankuch D. “Uber die spektrale Extinktion und die spektrale Streuung von Mie Partikeln bei Vorliegen logarithmischer Gauss-Verteilungen” Optik 23 272 1965/1966
- Hawksley P.G.W. Badzioch S. Blockett J.H. “Measurement of Solids in Flue Gasses” The British Coal Utilisation Research Association 1961
- Vuk C.T. Jones M.A. Johnson J.H. “The Measurement and Analysis of the Physical Character of Diesel Particulate Emissions” SAE 760131 Feb. 23.27 1976
- Verrant J.A. Kittelson D.A. “Sampling and Physical Characterization of Diesel Exhaust Aerosols” SAE 770720 Sept. 12-15 1977
- “A Laboratory Comparison of In-line and End-Of-Line Full-Flow, Diesel Smoke Opacity Meters” Coordinating Research Council report #495 August 1977
- “Measurement Procedure For Evaluation of Full-Flow, Light Extinction Smokemeter Performance” SAE J1157 (SAE Recommended Practice), SAE Handbook 1978
- Bascom R.C. Chiu W.S. Padd R.J. “Measurement and Evaluation of Diesel Smoke” SAE 730212 Jan. 8-12 1973
- Barron C.R. “Correlation and Temperature Distribution Tests on the Celesco 107 Smokemeter” Motor Industry Research Association, Project Report K31053 July 10 1976
- “Measuring Diesel Exhaust Smoke” Ethyl Technical Mote No. 568, Ethyl Corporation 1968
- Carey A.W. Jr. “Steady-State Correlation of Diesel Smokemeters” SAE Paper 690492 1969