This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Diesel Engine Sound Reduction by Dynamic Structural Modeling
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1980 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents a procedure for reducing diesel engine sound levels by combining analytical models and test data. Four elements previously analyzed individually; 1) structure modal characteristics, 2) forcing functions, 3) dynamic response, and 4) acoustical radiation were combined to accurately predict changes in diesel engine sound levels due to structural modifications.
CitationMoncelle, M., "Diesel Engine Sound Reduction by Dynamic Structural Modeling," SAE Technical Paper 800409, 1980, https://doi.org/10.4271/800409.
- Anderton, D. Grover, E. C. Lalor, N. Priede, T. “Origins Of Reciprocating Engine Noise - Its Prediction And Control” ASME Paper 70-WA/DGP - 3 1970
- DeSalvo, G. J. “ANSYS Engineering Analysis System User’s Manual” Sept” 1979
- Ford, D. M. Hayes, P. A. Smith, S. K. “Engine Noise Reduction By Structural Design Using Advanced Experimental And Finite Element Methods” SAE Paper 790366 Presented at SAE Congress, Detroit 1979
- Sander, W. Steidle, W. Wacher, E. “Piston Movement And Its Influence On Noise Of Automotive Engines” SAE Paper 790272 Presented at SAE Congress, Detroit 1979
- Berman, A. “Parameter Identification Techniques For Vibration Structures” Shock And Vibration Digest 11 13 16 1979
- Lund, J. W. “Evaluation Of Stiffness And Damping Coefficients For Fluid - Film Bearings” Shock And Vibration Digest 11 5 10 1979
- Klosterman, A. L. “SDRC - Time/Data Modal Analysis And Modeling System User Manual” December 1975
- Rades, M. “Analysis Techniques Of Experimental Frequency Response Data” Shock And Vibration Digest 11 15 24 1979
- Rogers, L. C. Nashif, A. D. “Computer Processing And Empircal Representation Of Viscoelastic Material Property Data And Preliminary Constrained Layer Damping Treatment Design” 48th Shock and Vibration Symposium Oct. 1977
- Beranek, L. L. “Noise And Vibration Control” McGraw-Hill Book Co. New York 1971
- Hansen, C. H. Bies, D. A. “Near Field Determination Of The Complex Radiation Efficiency And Acoustical Intensity Distribution For A Resonantly Vibrtating Surface” Journal Of Sound And Vibration 1979 62 (1) 93 110 93 110
- Raigstein, A. I. Schwering, W. P. S. “Acoustic Behavior Analysis Of Engine Blocks.” SAE Paper 790986