This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Impact of Electric Cars on National Energy Consumption
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1980 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The energy consumption of a small, limited-purpose electric vehicle and an equivalent internal combustion engine vehicle is calculated starting from coal or oil as the prime energy source. The impact of electric vehicles on reduction of petroleum consumption versus that of converting oil burning electric utility boilers to coal is evaluated.
CitationAgarwal, P., "Impact of Electric Cars on National Energy Consumption," SAE Technical Paper 800111, 1980, https://doi.org/10.4271/800111.
- Agarwal, P. D. Levy, I. M. “A High Performance AC Electric Drive System” SAE Paper 670178 1967
- “Energy Storage Systems for Automobile Propulsion” I & II Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, University of California December 15 1977
- Altendorf, J. P. Kalberlah, A. Saridakis, N. “On the Relationship between Gross Vehicle Weight, Payload, Effective Range, and Cost of Electric Vehicles” SAE Paper 780220 1978
- Dowgiallo, E. J. Jr Snellings, I. R. Blake, W. H. “Battery Powered Jeep and Van Performance” SAE Paper 770387 1977
- Sheridan, D. C. Bush, J. J. Kuziak, W. R. “A Study of the Energy Utilization of Gasoline and Battery-Electric Powered Special Purpose Vehicles” SAE Paper 760119 1976
- Stebar R. F. Daniel W. A. Sapre A. R. Peters B. D. “Matching Future Automotive Fuels and Engines for Optimum Energy Efficiency” Future Automotive Fuels Book Plenum Press 1977
- Bader C. Stephan, W. “Electric Vehicles in Germany - Present and Future” SAE Paper 780087 1978
- “Statistical Year Book of the Electric Utility Industry”, for 1977 Edison Electric Institute October 1978
- “Steam Electric Plants 1977” 30th Annual Supplement December 1978 U. S. Department of Energy - Energy Information Administration
- “Coal Conversion Potential for New England - Executive Summary” Energy Task Force, New England Congressional Caucus July 1978
- “Acceptable Ways to Hasten the Substitution of Coal for Oil” An Interim Report of The Presidents’ Commission on Coal - John D. Rockefeller IV July 12 1979
- Goodson R. Eugene “Commercialization’ of Electric and Hybrid Vehicles” ACS Chemical Congress April 1–6 1979
- Hamilton William “Prospects for Electric Cars - Final Report” Nov. 1978
- Wilton Peter “The Demand Characteristics for Electric Vehicles and Progress on Improving Vehicle Performance” May 1979 Krannert Graduate School of Management, Purdue University Indiana
- Beggs S. Cardell S. Hausman J. “Assessing the Potential Demand for Electric Cars” Charles River Associates, Inc. EPRI Workshop Nov. 1–2 1979