This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
DETERMINATION OF LOCAL HEAT TRANSFER COEFFICIENTS AT THE PISTON OF A HIGH SPEED DIESEL ENGINE BY EVALUATION OF MEASURED TEMPERATURE DISTRIBUTION
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1979 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
For different operating conditions of a high speed Diesel engine the steady state temperature fields in the piston were measured and evaluated by use of the relaxation method and the electrolytic tank analogue. Thus the local heat transfer coefficients at the contour of the piston could be determined. To obtain in spite of the weakness of the method, that 20 measured temperatures are not sufficient to define exactly the temperature field, reliable results, different test series were carried out with extremely altered cooling conditions at the piston. More than 60 temperature fields were evaluated thus determining the heat transfer coefficients at the piston crown, the bottom side, the cooling channel and at the piston rings.
|Technical Paper||PREDICTION OF THERMAL LOADING OF SUPERCHARGED DIESEL ENGINES|
|Technical Paper||Numerical Investigations Of Piston Cooling Using Oil Jet|
|Technical Paper||Heat Transfer in a Piston of a Four Stroke Diesel Engine|
CitationWoschni, G. and Fieger, J., "DETERMINATION OF LOCAL HEAT TRANSFER COEFFICIENTS AT THE PISTON OF A HIGH SPEED DIESEL ENGINE BY EVALUATION OF MEASURED TEMPERATURE DISTRIBUTION," SAE Technical Paper 790834, 1979, https://doi.org/10.4271/790834.
- Woschni G. A Universally Applicable Equation for the Instantaneous Heat Transfer Coefficient in the Internal Combustion Engine SAE Paper 670931
- Woschni G. 1970 491 499
- Overbye V. D. et al Unsteady Heat Transfer in Engines Trans. SAE 1961 461 696
- Henein N.A. Instantaneous Heat Transfer Rates and Coefficients between the Gas and Combustion Chamber of a Diesel Engine SAE Paper 650096 1965
- Le Feuvre T. Myers P.S. Experimental Instantaneous Heat Fluxes in a Diesel Engine and their Corelation SAE Paper 690464 1969
- Whitehouse N.D. Heat Transfer in a Quiescent Chamber Diesel Engine Proc. Inst. Mech. Engrs. 185 1970/1971 963 975
- Annand W.J.D. Ma T.H. Instantaneous Heat Transfer Rates to the Cylinder Heat Surface of a Small Compression-Ignition Engine Proc. Inst. Mech. Engrs. 185 1970/1971
- Woschni G. Prediction of Thermal Loading of Supercharged Diesel Engines SAE Paper
- Chen W.J. 1975