This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Child Restraints in Cars - An Approach to Safe Family Transportation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1979 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Four comprehensive surveys dealing with child safety problems in cars have been carried out at AB Volvo in Sweden.
Results concerning injury frequency and severity and different types of injuries are discussed with respect to in which mode children travel as car occupants.
On the basis of this experience, we recommend how children of different ages should travel as passengers in cars. Our general recommendation is that children should never travel unrestrained.
|Technical Paper||Side Impact Risk for 7-13 Year Old Children|
|Technical Paper||Trend of Rear Occupant Protection in Frontal Crashes over Model Years of Vehicles|
|Technical Paper||Booster-with-Shield Child Restraint Case Studies|
- Hans Norin - Volvo Car Corp., Product Development and Engineering
- Eva Saretok - Volvo Car Corp., Product Development and Engineering
- Kjell Jonasson - Volvo Car Corp., Product Development and Engineering
- Åke Andersson - Volvo Car Corp., Product Development and Engineering
- Bengt Kjellberg - Volvo Car Corp., Product Development and Engineering
- Sture Samuelsson - Volvo Car Corp., Product Development and Engineering
CitationNorin, H., Saretok, E., Jonasson, K., Andersson, Å. et al., "Child Restraints in Cars - An Approach to Safe Family Transportation," SAE Technical Paper 790320, 1979, https://doi.org/10.4271/790320.
- Aldman B. “A protective seat for children” 8th Stapp Conference 1964
- Andersson Å. Jonasson K. “Fatal injuries to child occupants in automobile collisions” IAATM 6th International Conference Melbourne February 1977
- Ashton Mackay Glyons “Trauma to children involved in road accidents, Proc. of the international meeting on Biomechanics of Trauma in Children” 1974
- Bohlin N. Norin H. Andersson Å. “A Statistical Traffic Accident Analysis” AB Volvo, Car Division Fourth Internation Experimental Safety Vehicle Conference Kyoto March 1973
- Garvil G. “Children in injury level accidents” Safety Research Development Laboratory
- Henderson J. M. Herbert D. C. Vazey B. A. Stott J. D. “Performance of child restraints in crashes and in laboratory tests” Proc. of Seat belt seminar Melbourne March 1976
- Langwieder Hybner Gubitz “Kinderverletzungen in PKW” Proc. of the international meeting on Biomechanics of Trauma in Children 1974
- Lowne “Injuries to children in road accidents” Biomechanics of Trauma in Children 1974
- Aanerud E. “Skador på barn i bil” Transportekonomisk institutt Oslo January 1976
- Trafiksikkerhedsråd Nordisk “Children in Cars” Report 11 A
- Norin H. Andersson B. “The adult belt - a hazard to the child?” IAATM 6th International Conference Melbourne February 1977
- Norin H. Samuelsson S. Andersson, B. “Children in Cars” (internal Volvo survey)
- Norin H. “The seat belt wearing law in Sweden and its effect on occupant injuries in Volvo cars” AB Volvo Gothenburg May 1977
- Ryan “Child restraint requirements - a medical viewpoint” Seat belt seminar Melbourne March 1976
- Saretok E. Norin H. Andersson B. Kjellberg B. “Attitude survey - child safety” (internal Volvo survey)
- Siegel Appleby Nahum “Injuries to children in automobile collisions” Twelfth Stapp Car Crash Conference
- Snyder R. G. O'Neill B. “Are 1974-1975 Automotive Belt Systems Hazardous to Children?” Am I Dis Child - 129 Aug. 1975
- Turbell T. “Child restraint systems - Frontal impact performance” National Swedish Road and Traffic Research Institute Stockholm 1974
- Zador W. “Injuries to children in automobiles in relation to seating, location and restraint use Insurance Institute for Highway Safety May 1976