This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Fiat Research Center Hybrid Vehicle Prototype
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1979 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The scope of the hybrid propulsion systems studies that have been developed by FIAT Research Centre, is the energy consumption evaluation in comparison with conventional traction drives.
After a general study on the hybrid propulsion systems, mathematical models have been developed for the evaluation of performances and energy balance.
The construction of a prototype with parallel hybrid propulsion system has been completed to validate the computer simulation models.
Computer and on road tests results are reported.
Criteria used to select the parameters to the optimization of the system are discussed.
CitationMorello, L., Piccolo, R., and Ippolito, L., "Fiat Research Center Hybrid Vehicle Prototype," SAE Technical Paper 790014, 1979, https://doi.org/10.4271/790014.
- Morello L. Falzoni G.L. Guagliumi R. “Optimizing the engine - trasmission System by means of an electronically - controlled gearbox” fourth international Symposium on automotive propulsion system Washington D.C. April 18 22 1977
- Liwschitz M. 1969 MILANO - ITALY
- Carrer A. 4 1951 TORINO-ITALY
- Schuisky W. 1964 MILANO - ITALY
- Kleckner K.R. Modeling and testing of storage batteries SAE 730251
- Heldt P.M. Dunod Paris
- SAE, Advances in Engineering I Passenger car Automatic Transmission 1962