This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Ride Comfort Aspects of Heavy Truck Design
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1978 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The design of heavy trucks with respect to the ride comfort poses two classical problems. One is the articulated vehicle problem and the other is the “jumping ride” problem caused by elastic vibrations of the frame. The two problems have been identified in field investigations. The vibration isolating system of a truck has been analysed by means of mathematical simulation. Mathematical models of different sizes have been used to examine the influence of different parameters. The damping, cab suspension and frame vibration are discussed in detail. Efforts to optimize the system have been made. These results and the results from measurements, such as impedance tests and road tests, have been applied in the development of a COE heavy truck family. The final judgement of the ride comfort of these trucks is also presented.
|Technical Paper||Ride Comfort Optimization of Electric Wheel Dump Truck Based on a Vehicle Test|
|Technical Paper||Heavy Vehicles Pass-by Noise Beamforming using Generalized Inverse Method and an Optimized Array|
CitationRibarits, J., Aurell, J., and Andersers, E., "Ride Comfort Aspects of Heavy Truck Design," SAE Technical Paper 781067, 1978, https://doi.org/10.4271/781067.
- Healey A. J. et al. “Dynamic Modeling for Automobile Acceleration Response and Ride Quality over Rough Roadways” The University of Texas at Austin Research Report 14 1974
- Gersch W. “Mean-Square Responses in Structural Systems” JASA 1969
- Shyrock R. A. et al. “System Modeling Techniques to Improve the Ride and Vibration Isolation Characteristics of Heavy Equipment” SAE 770594 1977
- Inoh Takeshi et al. “Tuning Techniques for Controlling Heavy-Duty Truck Shake - Vertical, Torsional and Lateral” SAE 730650 1973
- Ryba D. “Possible Improvements in Ride Comfort” VSD 2 1973 1 32
- Hagiwara B. “Shaking Phenomena of Trucks and Their Analyses” TSAEJ 1970
- Allen R. E. Crosby M. J. “Cab Isolation and Ride Quality” SAE 740294 1974
- Klosterman A. L. “A Combined Experimental and Analytical Procedure for Improving Automotive System Dynamics” SAE 720093 1972
- Butkunos A. A. “Random Vibration Analysis and Vehicle Development” SAE 690109 1969
- Janeway R. N. “Chassis Effects on Tandem Ride - a Summary” SAE 650183 1965
- LeFevre W. F. “The Highway Truck Ride Problem” SAE 650177 1965
- Walther Wm. D. “Truck Ride - a Mathematical and Empirical Study” SAE 690099 1969