This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Survey of Power Systems for Small Undersea Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1978 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: National West Coast Meeting
The results of a survey of candidate power systems for small undersea vehicles are summarized. Power systems having capacity of 1 to 30 kW and endurance from 1 hour to 90 days are treated. Emphasis in this paper is given to electrical power systems. The performance of electrical power systems is compared in terms of overall weight and volume versus mission time with the performance of several candidate open cycle and closed cycle heat engines.
CitationLund, T. and McCartney, J., "Survey of Power Systems for Small Undersea Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 780703, 1978, https://doi.org/10.4271/780703.
- Defense Intelligence Agency “Electric Vehicle Research, Development and Technology - Foreign,” May 1977
- Development Nickel-Zinc Battery Suitable for Electric Vehicle Propulsion Gould Report No. 762-003-1
- Private communication with Eagle-Picher
- Collection of Viewgraphs from First Annual ERDA Battery Contractors Coordination Meeting Germantown, Md. 27 28 Jan. 1977
- Private communication with Dow Chemical
- Private communication with Energy Development Associates
- Private communication with Lockheed Research Laboratory
- Private communication with Yardney Electric
- Bolan, P. Gitlow, B. “Hydrogen-Oxygen Alkaline Fuel Cells,” presented at National Fuel Cell Seminar June 1977
- Nuttall, L. J. “Solid Polymer Electrolysis Fuel Cell Status Report,” Proceedings of the 1975 IECEC
- Private communication with General Electric