This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Data Base for Light-Weight Automotive Diesel Power Plants
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1978 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The effects on fuel economy, emissions, passenger car safety and other varaibles due to the installation of light-weight Diesel powerplants were studied. Experimental data was obtained on naturally aspirated and turbocharged Diesel engines installed in subcompact and compact passenger vehicles. The data include fuel economy as a function of engine type and horsepower, transmission layout, vehicle inerta weight, and of regulated emission constraints. Unregulated emissions have been characteristized during the course of the work. The compatibility of the Diesel engines studied with passenger car structures incorporating advanced frontal crashworthiness capabilities was analyzed and demonstrated with the Integrated Research Vehicle (IRVW).
|Technical Paper||Advanced Automotive Power Systems - Part 2: A Diesel for a Subcompact Car|
|Technical Paper||Influence of injector nozzle design and cavitation on coking phenomenon|
CitationWiedemann, B. and Hofbauer, P., "Data Base for Light-Weight Automotive Diesel Power Plants," SAE Technical Paper 780634, 1978, https://doi.org/10.4271/780634.
- Fiala E. “Our Global Challenge: Transportation” Panel Discussion, SAE Congress February March 2nd 1977 Detroit
- Hofbauer P. Wiedemann B. “Advanced Automotive Power Systems Part 1: Morphological System and Systems Analysis” SAE-Paper 760591
- French C. C. J. “The Diesel is the Engine for High Annual Mileage Light Duty Vehicles” 4th NATO-CCMS Symposium April 17-22 Washington, D. C.
- Hofbauer P. Sator K. “Advanced Automotive Power Systems Part 2: A Diesel for a Subcompact Car” SAE-Paper 770113
- Howarth M. H. “The Design of High Speed Diesel Engines” Constable 1966
- Weitzel H. “Development of a High Speed Four-Cylinder Diesel Engine under the Consideration of the Existing Maintools for the Production of the Gasoline Engines” SAE-Paper 750336
- Hofbauer P. Wiedemann B. “Design and Lay-Out of Energy-Efficient and Low-Polluting Diesel Engines for Passenger Car Applications” 4th. NATO-CCMS Symposium April 7-22 1977 Washington, D. C.
- Wiedemann B. Schmidt R. Schweimer G. W. “Data Base for Light-Weight Automotive Diesel Power Plants” September 1977 Washington, D. C.
- Schweimer G. W. Wiedemann B. “Computer Aids for Improved Fuel Economy and Exhaust Emissions, Examples from the VW-Diesel Development” ISATA September 1977 Wolfsburg
- Wiedemann B. Schmidt R. “Compatibility of Diesel Engines with Vehicles Incorporating Advanced Crashworthiness” 5th International Congres on Automotive Safety Cambridge, Massachusetts July 11-14 1977
- Bauer A. Schimkat H. Weissner R. “Description of an Advanced Safety Vehicle” SAE-Paper 780604