This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Passenger Car Fuel Economy and Relative Energy Consumption
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1978 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A simple model of the energy required to negotiate the two Federal test cycles is described and then used as a bssis for a graphic representation of the relative energy consumption. The utility of the concept is demonstrated by comparing certification fuel economy data and projections with the aid of the relative energy consumption plot.
|Technical Paper||Development of New I3 1.0L Turbocharged DI Gasoline Engine|
|Journal Article||On-Road and Dynamometer Evaluation of Vehicle Auxiliary Loads|
CitationLuchter, S., "Passenger Car Fuel Economy and Relative Energy Consumption," SAE Technical Paper 780615, 1978, https://doi.org/10.4271/780615.
- Austin Thomas C. Hellman Karl H. “Passenger Car Fuel Economy - Trends and Influencing Factors,” SAE 730790
- Wiquist Richard C. SAE 760795
- Luchter Stephen Daye Charles J. “Comparing Alternative Methods of Improving Fuel Economy,”
- Thompson Glen D. Torres Myriam “Comparison of Dynamometer Power Absorbtion Characteristics and Vehicle Road Load Measurements,” US EPA Ann Arbor, Michigan July 1977
- Thompson Glen D. Personal Communication
- Federal Register Aug 23 1976
- “Idle Fuel Consumption in Passenger Cars,” US EPA Ann Arbor, Michigan July 1975
- Austin T. C. et. al. “Passenger Car Fuel Economy Trends Through 1976,” SAE 750957
- Murrell J. D. et. al. “Light Duty Automotive Fuel Economy Trends Through 1977,” SAE 760795
- Murrell J. D. “Light Duty Automotive Fuel Economy Trends Through 1978,” SAE 780036
- “Rulemaking Support Paper Concerning the 1981-1984 Passenger Auto Average Fuel Economy Standards,” US Dept. of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration July 1977
- John R. R. “Automobile Fuel Economy Limits,” July 1975
- Burke Andrew F. “The Moving Baseline for Alternative Automotive Engines 1980 1990 SAE 780347