This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulation of Wide-Open Throttle Vehicle Performance
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1978 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Numerical models are described which simulate the wide-open throttle performance of vehicles equipped with either automatic or manual transmissions. Special consideration is given to the initial stages of the simulation including the buildup of engine speed and torque from the idle condition for automatic transmission vehicles and the clutch engagement process for manual transmission vehicles. Tire slip and wheel spin are treated by utilizing a semi-analytical tire model which relates tire slip to tractive force. Lateral weight shifts and effects of tractive effort on road load are also considered.
|Technical Paper||Thermal Loads in Gasketed Joints|
|Technical Paper||General Purpose Automotive Vehicle Performance and Economy Simulator|
|Journal Article||New Generation Hydraulic-Mechanical Transmission with Lock-up Mechanisms and Automatic Start Clutch|
CitationMencik, Z., Tobler, W., and Blumberg, P., "Simulation of Wide-Open Throttle Vehicle Performance," SAE Technical Paper 780289, 1978, https://doi.org/10.4271/780289.
- Blumberg P.N. “Powertrain Simulation: A Tool for the Design and Evaluation of Engine Control Strategies in Vehicles.” SAE Paper 760158 February 1976
- Auiler J.E. Zbrozek J.D. Blumberg P.N. “Optimization of Automotive Engine Calibration for Better Fuel Economy: Methods and Applications.” SAE Paper 770076 March 1977
- Rishavy E.A. Hamilton S.C. Ayers J.A. Keane M.A. “Engine Control Optimization for Best Fuel Economy with Emission Constraints.” SAE Paper 770075 March 1977
- Cassidy J.F. “A Computerized On-Line Approach to Calculating Optimum Engine Calibrations.” SAE Paper 770078 March 1977
- Setz H.L. “Computer Predicts Car Acceleration.” SAE Transactions 69 1961 351 359
- Hwang D.N. “Fundamental Parameters of Vehicle Fuel Economy and Acceleration.” SAE Paper 690541
- Waters W.C. “General Purpose Automotive Vehicle Performance and Economy Simulator.” SAE Paper 720043 January 1972
- Schuring D.J. Bird K.D. Martin J.F. “Power Requirements of Tires and Fuel Economy.” Tire Science and Technology TSTCA 2 4 November 1974 261 285
- Dugoff H. Fancher P.S. Segel L. “Tire Performance Characteristics Affecting Vehicle Response to Steering and Braking Control Outputs.” Highway Safety Research Institute, The university of Michigan Ann Arbor 1969
- Tobler W.E. Ford Research Staff
- Schuring D.J. “Tire Parameter Determination.” 1-9 Calspan Corp. November 1976
- Gusakov I. Manager Calspan's Tire Research Facility Calspan Corp. Buffalo, N.Y.