This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Dynamic Cornering Properties of Tires
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1978 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The cornering properties of tires while a vehicle is traveling generate a curve different from those in steady state derived from prevailing tire-testing devices. The objective of this paper is to clarify the cornering properties in order to simulate vehicular motions and to make the results applied to practical use.
This paper presents experimental data on steady-state tire cornering properties at slip angles of 0 to 90 degrees and on transient tire cornering properties up to relatively large slip angles. This research deals with transient tire cornering properties at slip angles of 0 to 90 degrees.
CitationFuruichi, T. and Sakai, H., "Dynamic Cornering Properties of Tires," SAE Technical Paper 780169, 1978, https://doi.org/10.4271/780169.
- “Vehicle Dynamics Terminology SAE J670d” Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc. July 1975
- “Report on Equipment of JARI Tire Research Facilities” (Part 1), JARI Technical Memorandum No. 26 September 1974
- “Report on Equipment of JARI Tire Research Facilities” (Part 2), JARI Technical Memorandum No. 46 April 1976
- Lippmann S.A. Oblizajek K.L. “Lateral Forces of Passenger Tires and Effects on Vehicle Response During Dynamic Steering” SAE paper 760033 Feb. 1976
- Bergman W. Beauregard C. “Transient Tire Responses” SAE paper 740068 Feb. 1974
- Weber R. Persch H.G. “Seitenkraft-Frequenzgänge von Luftreifen” ATZ Automobiltechnishe Zeitschrift 77 1975 2
- Schuring D.J. “Dynamic Responses of Tires” Tire Science and Technology TSTCA 4 2 May 1976 115 145
- Sekula P.J. Hall G.L. Potts G.R. Conant F.S. “Dynamic Indoor Tire Testing and Fourier Transform Analysis” Tire Science and Technology TSTCA 4 2 May 1976 66 85