This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Army UTTAS Program
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1977 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: Aerospace Meeting
This paper addresses the U.S. Army's latest developed utility helicopter with a contract recently awarded to Sikorsky Aircraft for the Utility Tactical Aircraft System (UTTAS) recently designated “BLACK HAWK” and consists primarily of excerpts from (1)*. A brief history into the background of the Army's requirements and need for a UTTAS, history of development, general description with intended missions, planned activities and significant capabilities is provided. It will be shown that concentrated efforts on reliability and maintainability characteristics which, when combined with stringent performance and survivability requirements provide an aircraft which enhanced operational capabilities on the modern day battlefield.
|Technical Paper||Submerged vehicle survival|
|Technical Paper||Post crash considerations: escape worthiness and flammability|
|Technical Paper||Drag Analysis Methods for Light Aircraft|
CitationWolfe, R., "Army UTTAS Program," SAE Technical Paper 770952, 1977, https://doi.org/10.4271/770952.
- Gormont R. E. Wolfe R. A. “The U.S. Army UTTAS and AAH Programs,” Paper 5 AGARD Rotorcraft Design Symposium Moffett Field, CA May 1977
- U.S. Army “AMC-SS-2222-10000D, System Specification For Utility Tactical Transport Aircraft System,” 10 Mar 75
- Sikorsky Aircraft “AMC-CP-2222-S100, UH-60A Utility Tactical Transport Aircraft System Prime Item Development Specification,” 1 Nov 76
- U.S. Army Combat Developments Command “AD 84034, Vertical Flight Performance Criteria,” Jun 68
- Bell Helicopter Textron “Bell Model 214B Big Lifter Summary Report,” Jul 75
- Sikorsky Aircraft “Sikorsky S-76 Technical Description,” Oct 76
- Bell Helicopter Textron “Bell Model 222 Summary Report,” Feb 77