This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Engine Control System with Ultrasonic Mass Air Flowmeter
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1977 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
As a solution to the problems generated by the conventional spark ignition engine, an electronic control system is being tested. This system must be capable of optimizing engine performance under varying operating and environmental conditions. Encouraging this type of solution were advances in electronic technology and the energy crisis. The system could acquire various engine parameters and control numerous engine variables. From a technical view, the electronic control system is not a problem. However, where sensors and actuators are concerned, much developmental work needs to be done. Determining a set of control laws is the most difficult, yet interesting problem encountered in order to realize an effective system. Contained in this paper, is an experimental system which evaluates the potential of this approach to the problem.
|Technical Paper||SI Engine Controls and Mean Value Engine Modelling|
|Technical Paper||How Modern Engine Oils can impact on Emission Reduction|
|Technical Paper||New State-of-the-Art in Engine Controls|
CitationRinolfi, R., "Engine Control System with Ultrasonic Mass Air Flowmeter," SAE Technical Paper 770855, 1977, https://doi.org/10.4271/770855.
- Rivard J. G. “Closed-Loop Electronic Fuel Injection Control of the Internal Combustion Engine.” SAE Transactions 82 1973
- Gyorki J. “Fundamentals of Electronic Fuel Injection.” SAE paper 740020
- Husse M. Mortara W. Rinolfi R. “Il Misuratore di Portata Aria ad Ultrasuoni.” Internal Report FIAT Research Center Ottobre 1976
- Chiampo P. Marciante A. “Sensore di Gas di Scarico a Demiconduttore per il Rilievo del Rapporto Aria/Benzina Stechiometrico.” Internal Report FIAT Research Center Settembre 1975
- “Sistema di Accensione Elettronica AEX 101.” Internal Report Settembre 1976