This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Strategy for Improving Product Quality Through Quality Awareness and Participative Management
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1977 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The customer's demand for product perfection emphasizes the need for a more effective strategy for improving product quality. Quality awareness and the control of quality must begin when the product is conceived and should not end until the product is purchased by the customer. The control of quality must be extended to and become a way of life in the design phase and the manufacturing process phase in addition to the currently existing production phase. This can be accomplished through a participative management system involving everyone throughout the product cycle in the development of the quality goal and the quality control plan.
CitationDavis, C., "A Strategy for Improving Product Quality Through Quality Awareness and Participative Management," SAE Technical Paper 770737, 1977, https://doi.org/10.4271/770737.
- Chaparian A. P. “Teammates: Design and Quality Engineers.” Quality Progress April 1977
- Hampton D. R. Summer C. E. Webber R. A. “Organizational Behavior and the Practice of Management.” Scott, Foresman and Company 1968
- Schleicher W. F. “Quality Control Circles Save Lockheed Nearly $3 Million in Two Years.” Quality May 1977
- McGregor D. “The Human Side of Enterprise.” McGraw-Hill 1960
- Hill W. A. Egan D. “Organizational Theory, A Behavioral Approach.” Allyn and Bacon 1968
- Mills C. A. “Quality Assurance Plan - Key to Product Integrity.” American Society for Quality Control 1977
- Quong H. “QC Circle - Evolution or Revolution.” American Society for Quality Control 1977
- Kondo Y. “Creativity in Daily Work.” American Society for Quality Control 1977
- Ishikawa K. “Quality Analysis.” American Society for Quality Control 1977
- Amsden D. A. Amsden R. T. “QC Circles: Applications, Tools, and Theory.” American Society for Quality Control 1976
- Ishikawa K. “QC Circle Activities.” Union of Japanese Scientists and Engineers 1968