This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Chrysler's New 300 Sterndrive
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1977 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A new compact, attractively styled, light weight, high performance sterndrive has been developed to meet future needs of boat builders and consumers. This drive incorporates a new patented “inverted yoke” suspension system that provides excellent steering and handling characteristics. A new patent protected self-energizing cone clutch and novel shift mechanism produces smooth, quiet shifting in a very compact package. The new and unique above-cavitation plate exhaust provides increased reverse thrust and low level exhaust noise. Other features include ease of installation, good fuel economy, and overall superior performance.
|Technical Paper||The Volvo Penta Aquamatic 280 Stern Drive|
|Technical Paper||Description of a Modern Automotive Steam Powerplant|
|Technical Paper||Diagnosis and Objective Evaluation of Gear Rattle|
CitationHurst, J., "Chrysler's New 300 Sterndrive," SAE Technical Paper 770713, 1977, https://doi.org/10.4271/770713.
- Hurst J. W. “Inboard-Outboard Marine Drive” July 8 1975
- Hurst J. W. “Clutch” August 31 1976
- Hurst J. W. “Clutch Shifting Mechanism”
- Faires V. M. M.E. M.S. “Design Of Machine Elements” New York, N.Y. The MacMilland Co. 1952
- Froslie L. E. Milek T. Smith R. W. “Automatic Transmission Friction Elements” S.A.E. National Automotive Meeting Detroit, Mich. January 1964