This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Evaluation of a Radio-Control Model for Spin Simulation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1977 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The radio-control (R/C) model is being developed as a tool for spin research of general aviation airplanes. This paper discusses the construction, instrumentation, and tests of a 1/6 scale radio-control model of the Beech YT-34C. Spin test results are compared for the R/C model, spin tunnel model, and full-scale airplane. Possible explanations for differences in spin characteristics are discussed. Future R/C model test plans are outlined.
|Aerospace Standard||Guidance on Mitigation Strategies Against Laser Illumination Effects|
|Aerospace Standard||Rotor Blade Electrothermal Ice Protection Design Considerations|
|Progress In Technology||Materials and Process Modeling of Aerospace Composites|
CitationHolcomb, M. and Tumlinson, R., "Evaluation of a Radio-Control Model for Spin Simulation," SAE Technical Paper 770482, 1977, https://doi.org/10.4271/770482.
- Bowman, J. S., Jr. Burk, S. M., Jr. “Stall/Spin Studies Relating to Light General Aviation Aircraft,” SAE Paper 730320 Business Aircraft Meeting Wichita, Kansas April 3-6 1973
- Bowman, J. S., Jr. Burk, S. M., Jr. “Stall/Spin Research Status Report,” SAE Paper 740354 Business Aircraft Meeting Wichita, Kansas April 2-5 1974
- Burk, S. M., Jr. Wilson, C. F. “Radio-Controlled Model Design and Testing Techniques for Stall/Spin Evaluation of General Aviation Aircraft,” SAE National Business Aircraft Meeting Wichita, Kansas April 8-11 1975
- Clarkson, M. H. Malcolm, G. N. Chapman, G. T. “Experimental Poststall Rotary Aerodynamic Coefficients For Airplane-like Configurations,” Journal of Aircraft 13 August 1976 565 570
- Irving, H. B. Batson, A. S. Warsup, J. H. “The Contribution of the Body and Tail of an Aeroplane to the Yawing Moment in a Spin,” R&M 1689 November 29 1935