This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Charge-Discharge Behavior of the C.G.E. Circulating Zinc-Air Vehicle Battery
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1977 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
THE PRIMARY UNIT of the C.G.E. zinc-air electric vehicle battery has been described in previous publications. It consists of a constant cross-section tubular fuel cell using zinc powder in circulating 12 N KOH solution. All the reaction product (zincate) is maintained in colloidal solution. The system is capable of lifetimes in excess of 1,800 hours and will be of low cost. The present paper deals with the technical aspects of recharge of the system, which, in contrast to the primary cell, is still in the laboratory engineering stage. The limitations of the system are discussed and the overall performance based on different parameters is given. A number of different economic options are examined.
|Technical Paper||A New Zinc-Air Fuel Battery System|
|Technical Paper||Zinc-Air Powered Electric Vehicle Systems Integration Issues|
|Technical Paper||The GE Electric Vehicle|
CitationAppleby, A., Jacquelin, J., and Pompon, J., "Charge-Discharge Behavior of the C.G.E. Circulating Zinc-Air Vehicle Battery," SAE Technical Paper 770381, 1977, https://doi.org/10.4271/770381.
- Appleby A. J. Pompon J. P. Jacquier M. ‘Zinc-Air Batteries in Vehicular Applications’ Paper presented at 3rd International Electric Vehicule Symposium Washington D. C. February 1974
- Appleby A. J. Pompon J. P. Jacquier M. ‘Economic and Technical Analysis of the C.G.E. Zn-Air Vehicle Battery’ Paper 759121 presented at I.E.C.E.C. Meeting Newark Del. August 1975
- Appleby A. J. Gabano J. P. ‘Current Status and Prospects of the Zn-Air and Na-S Batteries in France’ Paper presented at the Symposium and Workshop on Advanced Batteries Argonne National Laboratory Argonne, Ill. March 1976
- Appleby A. J. Jacquier M. ‘The C.G.E. Circulating Zn-Air Battery: A Practical Vehicle Power Source’ Journal of Power Sources 1 17 34 1976
- Jacquier M. Pompon J. P. ‘Nouvelles Sources d'Energie pour Véhicules Electriques, Etat de Leur Développement’ Paper presented at 4th International Electric Vehicle Symposium Düsseldorf, Federal Republic of Germany September 1976
- Appleby A. J. Crepy G. Jacquelin J. ‘High Efficiency Water Electrolysis in Alkaline Solution’ The Journal of Hydrogen Energy
- Tsaros C. L. Arora J. L. Burh Burnham K. B. ‘A Study of the Conversion of Coal to Hydrogen Methane and Liquid Fuels for Aircraft’ Final report to NASA under Contrat No. NASI 13620 February 1976