This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Relationship of Hemodynamics to Seating Comfort
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1977 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A relationship of selected hemodynamic functions to subjective's seating comfort evaluations has been observed. Studies were conducted using rating scales, subjective probabilities, adjective check lists and concurrent measures of hemodynamics variations with a representative driver population to develop reliable psychophysiological indices of comfort. Thirty-two variables constituted the data bank subjected to multivariate canonical correlation analyses. Subjective data were composed with physiological data and SAE Seat dimensions. Significant relationships among subjective and physiologic measures were found.
|Technical Paper||What Really Connects in Seating Comfort?-Studies of Correlates of Static Seat Comfort|
|Technical Paper||Ride Comfort Measurements|
CitationGlassford, E., "The Relationship of Hemodynamics to Seating Comfort," SAE Technical Paper 770248, 1977, https://doi.org/10.4271/770248.
- Engel G. L. “Fainting, Physiological and Psychological Considerations.” Thomas 1959
- Glassford E. J. “A Roadside Survey of Professional Truck Drivers.” G.M.D. Report 1003 1973
- Middendorf Lorna et al. “Analysis of Correlates of Automobile Seating Comfort.” G. M. Research Report Bl-9 1974
- Wood E. “The Veins, Normal and Abnormal Function.” Little-Brown 1965
- Mountcastle V. B. “Medical Physiology.” Mosby 1968
- Glassford E. J. et al. “Effects of Four Brands of Support Hose on Fluid Accumulation and Tissue Perfusion in the Lower Leg.” Theropeutic Research Press 17 4 April 1975
- Ruch Fulton “Medical Physiology & Biophysics.” Saunders 1960
- Mayerson H. S. “American Journal of Physiology.” 4 630 1973
- Cyriax J. “The Slipped Disc.” Gower Press 1970
- Hickman K. “Viscoilastic Behavior of Human Tissue.” Case Western Reserve, Research Laboratory Report 1970