This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Sulfate Analysis by the Barium Perchlorate Titration and the BCA Methods
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1977 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The barium ion titration method as used for determining the amount of sulfuric acid and soluble sulfate aerosol emitted by automobiles is described. Results obtained by this method are compared with those obtained by the barium chloranilate (BCA) method. It is concluded that the described titration method is a low-cost and convenient method for the analysis of automotive derived sulfates. Its precision is good, its sensitivity is adequate, and its accuracy is as good as the BCA method.
CitationProstak, A., "Sulfate Analysis by the Barium Perchlorate Titration and the BCA Methods," SAE Technical Paper 770065, 1977, https://doi.org/10.4271/770065.
- Menis O. Manning D. L. Ball R. G. “Automatic Spectrophotometric Titration of Fluoride, Sulfate, Uranium, and Thorium.” Anal. Chem. 30 1772 1958
- Goddu R. F. Hume D. N. “Photometric Titrations.” Anal. Chem. 26 1740 1954
- Butler J. W. Locke D. N. “Photometric End-Point Detection of the Ba-Thorin Titration of Sulfates.” J. Environ. Sci. Health - Environ. Sci. Eng. 79 92 1976
- Sargent-Welch Scientific Co. Skokie, Illinois
- Brinkmann Instruments Westbury, New York “Brinkmann Probe Colorimeter.”
- Hauer H. “Analog Correction for Dilution - An Aid for Titrimetric Analyses.” MPI Applications Notes IX No. 3 17 24 1974 McKee-Pederson Instruments Danville, California
- Shandon Southern Instruments Sewickly, Pennsylvania “Dipping Colorimeter ‘Colordip’.”
- Rodes C. E. EPA-Research Triangle Park “A Colorimeter System for the Determination of the Method 6 Thorin Titration End Point.” American Chemical Society 167th National Meeting April 1 1974
- Fritz J. S. Yamamura S. S. “Rapid Microtitration of Sulfate.” Anal. Chem. 27 1955
- Tejada S. EPA-Research Triangle Park draft of sulfate analysis procedure March 13 1974
- Youden W. J. “Statistical Methods for Chemists.” New York John Wiley & Sons 1951