This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Computer Simulation of Large-Displacement Impact Dynamics
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1977 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A two-dimensional Lagrangian explicit finite difference (EFD) computer program is used to simulate three large-deformation dynamic tests: the Charpy V-notch impact toughness test, oblique impact of a cylindrical rod on armor plate, and driving of copper liners by a shaped high-explosive charge. The relationship of the EFD formulation to the more recently developed explicit finite element (EFE) formulation is discussed.
|Magazine Issue||Aerospace Engineering 2012-12-12|
|Technical Paper||Use of Catalytic Monoliths for On-Road Ozone Destruction|
|Technical Paper||Modeling the Mechanical Anisotropy of Automotive Low Carbon Steel Sheets|
CitationNorris, D., van Thiel, M., and Moran, B., "Computer Simulation of Large-Displacement Impact Dynamics," SAE Technical Paper 770055, 1977, https://doi.org/10.4271/770055.
- Wilkins Mark L. “Calculation of Elastic-Plastic Flow.” Lawrence Livermore Laboratory Livermore, Calif. Report UCRL-7322 Rev. 1 1969
- Wilkins Mark L. “Calculation of Elastic-Plastic Flow.” “Methods in Computational Physics,” Alder B. Fernbach S. Rotenberg M. 3 211 New York and London: Academic Press 1964
- Bertholf L. D. Benzley S. E. “TOODY II, a Computer Program for Two-Dimensional Wave Propagation.” Sandia Laboratories Albuquerque, New Mexico 1968
- “PISCES 2DL Manual A, General Description and Finite-Difference Equations.” Physics International Company 2700 Merced, San Leandro, California 1972
- “STEALTH, a Lagrange Explicit Finite-Difference Code for Solid, Structural and Thermohydraulic Analysis.” Report EPRI NP-176 1976 Palo Alto, California 94303
- Key S. W. “HONDO - A Finite Element Computer Program for the Large Deformation Dynamic Response of Axisymmetric Solids.” Sandia Laboratories Albuquerque, New Mexico 1974
- Chiapetta R. Belytschko T. Rouse J. “A Computer Code for Dynamic Stress Analysis of Media-Structure Problems with Non-linearities (SAMSON).” IIT Research Institute Report AFWL-TR-72-104 for Air Force Weapons Laboratory February 1973
- Belytschko T. Chiapetta R. L. Bartel H. D. “Efficient Large Scale Non-linear Transient Analysis for Finite Elements.” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering 10 579 596 1976
- Prager W. “Introduction to Mechanics of Continua.” Boston, Massachusetts Ginn and Co., Inc. 1961
- Bridgman P. W. “Studies in Large Plastic Flow and Fracture.” Cambridge, Massachusetts Harvard University Press
- Birkhoff G. McDougall D. P. Pugh E. M. Taylor G. “Explosives with Lined Cavities.” Journal of Applied Physics 19 563 1948