This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Comparative Knee Impact Response of Part 572 Dummy and Cadaver Subjects
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1976 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The purpose of this paper is to present a comparison of whole body, target impingement knee impact response for a Part 572 dummy versus that for anthropometrically similar embalmed human cadavers. “Response” is defined here to include the impact force-time history as sensed by 1) femur load cells, and 2) impingement target load cells for the dummy and by the target load cells for the cadavers. The data presented demonstrate significantly higher peak forces and correspondingly shorter pulse durations for the dummy than for the companion cadaver subjects under similar test conditions and at all velocity levels investigated. For the dummy, the ratio of forces measured by the femur load cells to those measured by the impingement target load cells averaged eight tenths.
CitationKroell, C., Schneider, D., and Nahum, A., "Comparative Knee Impact Response of Part 572 Dummy and Cadaver Subjects," SAE Technical Paper 760817, 1976, https://doi.org/10.4271/760817.
- Kroell C. K. Patrick L. M. “A New Crash Simulator and Biomechanics Research Program.” Proceedings of 8th Stapp Car Crash Conference Oct. 21-23 1964 Detroit Wayne State University Press 1966 185
- Patrick L. M. Kroell C. K. Mertz, H. J. Jr. “Forces on the Human Body in Simulated Crashes.” Proceedings of the 9th Stapp Car Crash Conference Oct. 20-21 1965 Minneapolis University of Minnesota 1965 237
- Patrick L. M. Mertz, H. J. Jr. Kroell C. K. “Cadaver Knee, Chest and Head Impact Loads.” Paper 670913 Proceedings of the 11th Stapp Car Crash Conference Oct. 10-11 1967 New York Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc. 1969 168
- Stoudt H. W. Damon A. McFarland R. Roberts J. “Weight, Height and Selected Body Dimensions of Adults.” U. S. Dept. of Health, Education and Welfare Washington, D. C. 1965
- Horsch J. D. Patrick L. M. “Cadaver and Dummy Knee Impact Response.” SAE Paper
- Powell W. R. Advani S. H. Clark R. N. Ojala S. J. Holt D. J. “Investigation of Femur Response to Longitudinal Impact.” Paper 741190 Proceedings of the 18th Stapp Car Crash Conference Dec. 4-5 1974 Warrendale, PA Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc. 1974 539
- Melvin J. W. Stalnaker R. L. Alem N. M. Benson J. B. Mohan D. “Impact Response and Tolerance of the Lower Extremities.” Paper 751159 Proceedings of the 19th Stapp Car Crash Conference Nov. 17-19 1975 Warrendale, PA Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc. 1975 543
- Powell W. R. Ojala S. J. Advani S. H. Martin R. B. “Cadaver Femur Responses to Longitudinal Impacts.” Paper 751160 Proceedings of the 19th Stapp Car Crash Conference Nov. 17-19 1975 Warrendale, PA Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc. 1975 561