This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulation and Evaluation of Exhaust and Intake System of a Four-Stroke Spark Ignition Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1976 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A mathematical model for the gas exchange process and to estimate the pressure, temperature, velocity and mass flow rate at selected points in the exhaust and intake systems of a 4 stroke, single cylinder spark ignition engine is described. In order to evaluate the model, the computed data of gas pressure in intake system was compared with the experimental data while for the exhaust, the comparison include gas pressure and velocity. A satisfactory correlation was observed between the computed and test data.
|Technical Paper||Simulation of Intake System for Two Cylinder Naturally Aspirated In-Direct Injection Engine|
CitationBabu, M. and Murthy, B., "Simulation and Evaluation of Exhaust and Intake System of a Four-Stroke Spark Ignition Engine," SAE Technical Paper 760763, 1976, https://doi.org/10.4271/760763.
- Benson R.S. Garg R.D. Woollatt D. “A numerical solution of unsteady flow problems” International journal of Mechanical Sciences 6 1 1964
- Benson R.S. galloway “Gas exchange process in a two stroke engine” Proc.I.Mech.E 183 1968-69 14
- Blair G.P. Goulbourn J.R. “A pressure time history in the exhaust system of a reciprocating I. C. Engine” SAE Transactions 1968
- Goyal Scharpf G. Borman G. L. “Simulation of intake and exhaust systems.” SAE Transactions 1968
- Babu M.K.Gajendra “A Digital Analysis of a Spark Ignition Engine” Indian Institute of Technology Madras 1974
- Babu M.K.Gajendra Janakiraman P.A. Murthy B. S. “Measurement of Exhaust Gas Velocity in an I. C. Engine” SAE Transactions 1975
- Mcaulay K. J. Wu Tang Chen S. K. Borman G. L. Myers P.S. Uyehara O.A. “Development and evaluation of the simulation of C. I. Engine” SAE Transactions 1966