This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Construction and Verification of a Model of Passenger Response to STOL Aircraft Characteristics
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1976 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A technique for evaluating passenger acceptance of a transportation system's environment has been developed. This includes a model of passenger reaction to the vehicle, as well as the relative satisfaction compared to other system attributes. The technique is applied to two commercial airline operations--a U.S. commuter, and the Canadian Airtransit STOL system. It is demonstrated that system convenience and aircraft interior seating can play a large role in satisfying the passenger.
CitationJacobson, I., "Construction and Verification of a Model of Passenger Response to STOL Aircraft Characteristics," SAE Technical Paper 760525, 1976, https://doi.org/10.4271/760525.
- Richards L. G. Jacobson I. D. “Ride Quality Evaluation I. Questionnaire Studies of Airline Passenger Comfort,” Ergonomics 18 2 129 150 1975
- Jacobson I. D. Richards L. G. “Ride Quality Evaluation II. Modelling of Airline Passenger Comfort,” Ergonomics 19 1 1 10 1976
- Richards L. G. Kuhlthau A. R. Jacobson I. D. “Passenger Ride Quality Determined from Commercial Airline Flights,” paper presented at 1975 Ride Quality Symposium Williamsburg, Virginia August 11-12 1975 409 436 November 1975
- Jacobson Ira D. Kuhlthau A. R. Richards L. G. “Application of Ride Quality Technology to Predict Ride Satisfaction for Commuter-Type Aircraft,” paper presented at 1975 Ride Quality Symposium Williamsburg, Virginia August 11-12 1975 45 64 November 1975
- Jacobson Ira D. Rudrapatna Ashok N. Kuhlthau A. R. “Interior Aircraft Cabin Noise--A Field Study,” paper presented at Third Interagency Symposium on University Research in Transportation Noise The University of Utah Salt Lake City, Utah November 12-14 1975
- “Military Specification--Flying Qualities of Piloted Airplanes,” August 7 1965
- Gruesbeck Marta G. Sullivan Daniel F. “Aircraft Motion and Passenger Comfort Data from Scheduled Commercial Airline Flights,” May 1974
- Jacobson I. D. Kuhlthau A. R. “STOL Ride Quality Criteria--Passenger Acceptance,” Journal of Aircraft 10 3 March 1973
- Kuhlthau A. R. Jacobson I. D. “Analysis of Passenger Acceptance of Commercial Flights Having Characteristics Similar to STOL,” Canadian Aeronautics and Space Journal 19 8 405 409 October 1973
- Jacobson I. D. Kuhlthau A. R. “Flight Research Experiments to Determine Ride Quality and Passenger Acceptance,” Dept. of Engineering Science and Systems, University of Virginia Charlottesville, Virginia July 1974