This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Critical Review of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 105
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1976 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The purpose of this paper is to outline and analyze the functions of a braking system, to review the elements of an objective and meaningful braking standard, to evaluate Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 105-74, and to recommend revisions to FMVSS 105-75.
|Technical Paper||Motor Carrier Safety Activities of the Interstate Commerce Commission|
|Technical Paper||A Statistical Evaluation of Brake Performance|
|Technical Paper||Designing Parking Brake Systems for Lower Efforts|
CitationLimpert, R., "A Critical Review of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 105," SAE Technical Paper 760217, 1976, https://doi.org/10.4271/760217.
- Accident Investigation Methodology to Assess the Role of Vehicle Braking Performance in Highway Safety
- Limpert R. “An Investigation of Braking and Steering in Motor Vehicle Accidents.” SAE Paper to be presented at the 1976 SAE Meeting February 1976
- Limpert R. Gamero F. “The Accident Avoidance Potential of the Motor Vehicle: Accident Data, Vehicle Handling and Safety Standards.” Presented at the Third International Automobile Congress San Francisco July 1974
- Limpert R. et al. “An Investigation of the Brake Balance for Straight and Curved Braking.” SAE Paper No. 741086
- Preliminary Report of the Potential Payoff of Radar and Antilock Braking Systems in Preventing Accidents and Reducing Their Severity.” Institute for Research in Public Safety Indiana University July 1974
- Limpert R. “The Thermal Performance of Automotive Disc Brakes.” SAE Paper No. 750873
- Limpert R. “An Investigation of Integrated Retarder/Foundation Brake Systems for Commercial Vehicles.” SAE Paper No. 750126
- “Measurements of Tire Brake Force Characteristics as Related to Wheel Slip (Antilock) Control System Design.” General Motors Engineering Publication No. 3845 November 1968
- Hydraulic Brake Systems - Vehicle Test Program NHTSA Technical Report November 1973
- Odier J. “Indoor Vehicle Braking Simulation: Correlation and Comparison with Road Testing.” SAE Paper No. 730562