This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Structural Modeling of ROPS Under Dynamic Loading
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1974 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The use of scaled models for structural evaluation of new designs is becoming increasingly important from the standpoint of reduced lead time, costs, and space requirements. John Deere Waterloo Tractor Works has developed a dynamic structural modeling technique, based on roll-over protective structures (ROPS) safety compliance tests, which provides good correlation with full-scale results. This paper presents the development and application of this technique.
CitationBrown, C., Olson, D., and Woods, T., "Structural Modeling of ROPS Under Dynamic Loading," SAE Technical Paper 740798, 1974, https://doi.org/10.4271/740798.
- Penn R. C. Pickford H. R. “Predicting Metal Stresses from Plastic Models.” Industrial Models and Patterns November 1962
- Elliott W. A. “Plastic Models for Dynamic Structural Analysis.” Paper 710262 SAE Automotive Engineering Congress Detroit January 1971
- SAE Standard “Protective Frame Test Procedures and Performance Requirements.” SAE Handbook
- Murphy G. “Similitude in Engineering.” New York Ronald Press Co. 1950
- Buckingham E. “On Physically Similar Systems; Illustrations of the Use of Dimensional Equations.” Phys. Rev. 4 4 1914 345
- Olson D. L. Woods T. W. Brown C. E. “Similitude for Structural Modeling of ROPS Under Dynamic Loading.” SESA