This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
GM-ATD 502 Anthropomorphic Dummy - Development and Evaluation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1974 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The development, manufacture and testing of a new anthropomorphic test dummy (GM-ATD 502) is discussed. Improvements in performance repeatability and reproducibility of the dummy are documented and the anthropometric and biomechanical basis of the design described. The development of repeatable testing procedures and of dummy features that enhance the accuracy of the initial test setup are also discussed.
|Technical Paper||Simplified Modeling of Cross Members in Vehicle Design|
|Technical Paper||Crash Sensor Development|
CitationTennant, J., Jensen, R., and Potter, R., "GM-ATD 502 Anthropomorphic Dummy - Development and Evaluation," SAE Technical Paper 740590, 1974, https://doi.org/10.4271/740590.
- “Anthropomorphic Test Dummy” Wash., D.C. Dec. 1973 National Technical Information Service Springfield, Virginia
- Hubbard R. P. McLeod D. G. “A Basis for Crash Dummy Skull and Head Geometry,” Human Impact Response Symposium General Motors Research Laboratories Warren, Michigan October 1972 Plenum Press New York 1973
- Roe R. W. “A Description of Driver Workspace Anthropometry from 50th-Percentile Male Data,” Safety and Human Performance Laboratory November 1972
- Mertz H. J. Neathery R. E. Culver C. C. “Performance Requirements and Characteristics of Mechanical Necks” Human Impact Response Symposium General Motors Research Laboratories Warren, Michigan October 1972 Plenum Press New York 1973
- Lobdell T. E. Kroell C. K. Schneider D. C. Hering W. E. Nahum A. M. “Impact Response of the Human Thorax,” Human Impact Response Symposium General Motors Research Laboratories Warren, Michigan October 1972 Plenum Press New York 1973
- Danforth J. P. Randall C. D. “Modified ROS Occupant Dynamics Simulation Users Manual,” General Motors Research Publication Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Association, Inc.
- Segal D. J. “Revised Computer Simulation of the Automobile Crash Victim,” Cornell Aeronautical Laboratory, Inc. Buffalo, N.Y.
- “Occupant Crash Protection Head Injury Criterion.” Department of Transportation National Highway Traffic Safety Admin.
- Hicks C. R. “Fundamental Concepts in the Design of Experiments,” New York Holt, Rinehart and Winston 1964
- Peng Kan-Chen “The Design and Analysis of Scientific Experiments: An Introduction with some Emphasis on Computation,” Reading, Mass. Addison-Wesley Press 1967
- “Anthropomorphic Test Dummy,” Occupant Crash Protection, Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, Federal Register 38 147 August 1 1973