This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Tests of Current and Experimental Child Restraint Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1974 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The objective of this study is to investigate the protection potential offered by various production and prototype child restraint systems. In order to achieve this, it is necessary to determine which parameters of child seat performance are relevant to injury prevention. A detailed discussion of these parameters is given in the text.
The dynamic performance of 10 child auto-car seats, two harnesses and three infant restraint systems are discussed. The head excursion, head and chest accelerations and overall system performance are presented.
|Technical Paper||Protection of Child Occupants in Automobile Crashes|
|Technical Paper||Basic Design Principles of Child Auto Restraints|
CitationStalnaker, R., "Tests of Current and Experimental Child Restraint Systems," SAE Technical Paper 740045, 1974, https://doi.org/10.4271/740045.
- “Accident Facts,” National Safety Council 1973
- Moore J. O. Tourin B. Gauett J. W. Lilienfeld R. “Child Injuries in Automobile Accidents,” 14th International Conference on Pediatrics Montreal 1959
- Dye E. R. “Automobile Crash Protection for Children,” Passenger Car Design and HIghway Safety 167 185 1962
- Aldman Bertil “A Protective Seat for Children,” Eighth Stapp Car Crash Conference 329 345 1966
- Appoldt F. A. “Dynamic Tests of Restraints for Children,” Proc., Eighth Stapp Car Crash Conference 329 345 1966
- Siegel A. W. Nahum A. M. Appleby M. R. “Injuries to Children in Automobile Collisions,” Proceedings, Twelfth Stapp Car Crash Conference 1 46 1968
- Burdi A. R. Huelke D. F. Snyder R. G. Lowrey G. H. “Infants and Children in the Adult World of Automobile Safety Design: Pediatric and Anatomical Considerations for Design of Child Restraints,” J. of Biomechanics 2 3 267 280 1969
- King B. G. Paul E. C. Spitznagel C. R. “Children's Automobile Safety Restraints, Characteristics and Body Measurements,” SAE Paper No. 690467 1969
- Feles N. “Design and Development of the General Motors' Infant Safety Carrier,” SAE Paper No. 700042 1970
- Head S. A. Grenier E. P. “The Design and Development of a More Effective Child Restraing Concept,” SAE Paper No. 680002 1968
- Robbins D. H. Henke A. W. Roberts V. L. “A Study of Concepts in Child Seating and Restraint Systems,” Paper No. 700041 SAE Automotive Engineering Congress January 1970
- Roberts V. L. “Child Restraint Development,” Final Report on DOT Contract DOT-HS-031-1-180 1972
- McElhaney J. H. Stalnaker R. L. Roberts V. L. “Biomechanical Aspects of Head Injury,” Human Impact Response Measurement and Simulation King W. F. Mertz H. J. Plenum Press 1973