This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Compounding for Wire Adhesion
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1973 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The adhesion of rubber to brassed steel wire is dependent upon many factors, all of which can be controlled reasonably well by the engineer or compounder. However, variables are present which may elude either identification or control. Most variables interact strongly with one another, thus making it difficult to establish firm compounding principles that are invariant under all conditions.
Early literature on this topic is presented, and new developments in compounding for wire adhesion are discussed. The most effective alternate resin former is composed of hexamethoxymethylmelamine and a partially polymerized resorcinol-formaldehyde resin
|Technical Paper||Design and Construction Considerations of Radial Passenger Car Tires|
|Technical Paper||Nanotubes for Conductive Plastics Move to the Next Performance Level|
CitationWagner, M., "Compounding for Wire Adhesion," SAE Technical Paper 730498, 1973, https://doi.org/10.4271/730498.
- Buchan S. Trans. Inst. Rubber Ind. 19 25 1943
- Buchan S. Rae W. D. Trans. Inst. Rubber Ind. 21 323 1946
- Buchan S. Shanks J. R. Trans. Inst. Rubber Ind. 25 266 1946
- Poyarkova A. D. Maloenka V. L. Timofeeva M. V. Soviet Rubber Technol. (Eng.) 29 12 1970 21 Kauch. Rezina 29 12 1970 18
- Ayerst R. C. Rodger E. R. “Steel Cord Skim Compounds-The Achievement and Maintenance of Maximum Adhesion.” Paper 39 Division of Rubber Chemistry of the ACS Meeting Boston April 1972
- Ayerst R. C. Rodger E. R. “Compounding for Adhesion to Brass Coated Steel Wire.” International Rubber Conference-Rubbercon 72 Brighton, England May 1972
- Maeseele A. Debruyne E. Rubber Chem. and Technol. 42 613 1969
- Hicks A. E. Lyon F. Adhesives Age 12 1969 5 21
- Hicks A. E. Chirico V. E. Ulmer J. D. “An Improved Wire Adhesion Test Method.” Division of Rubber Chemistry of ACS
- Klötzer E. Journal IRI 3 1969 3
- Wagner M. P. Derringer G. “Improved Rubber-Steel Cord Adhesion: A Kinetic Study.” Division of Rubber Chemistry of ACS Meeting Cleveland, Ohio October 1971