This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Finite Element Method - Structure Analysis by Simulation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1973 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Finite element method has proved, in recent years, to be a powerful tool for structure analysis by engineers. Many finite element programs have been developed for this purpose by universities and research institutes using very large, powerful computers and relatively small computers. This resulted in the development of both, small special purpose programs that solve specialized problems, and giant general purpose programs that can solve static, dynamic, thermal, etc., structural problems with laboratory tested accuracy.
This is a discussion of our experience in the selection and application of one of such finite element computer programs named Structure Analysis Program, or SAP.
|Technical Paper||Reconstruction of Twenty Staged Collisions with PC-Crash's Optimizer|
|Technical Paper||Active vs. Passive Means of Power Quality Improvement in Aerospace Applications|
CitationHuang, Y., "Finite Element Method - Structure Analysis by Simulation," SAE Technical Paper 730446, 1973, https://doi.org/10.4271/730446.
- Wilson Edward L. “SAP A General Structural Analysis Program.” Structures and Materials Research Report No. UCSESM 70-20 September 1970
- Wilson E. L. Taylor R. L. Doherty W. P. Ahaboussi J. “Incompatible Displacement Models.” O.N.R. International Symposium September 1971
- Zienkiewicz O. C. “Isoparametric and Allied Numerically Integrated Elements.” September 1971
- Yettran Alan L. Husain Husain M. “Plane Frame Work Methods for Plates in Extension.” Jrl. Engineering Mechanics Division Proceedings of ASCE February 1966
- Yettran Alan L. Husain Husain M. “Grid Frame Work Method for Plate in Flexure,” Jrl. Engineering Mechanics Division Proceedings of ASCE June 1965
- SAE J395 Minimum Performance Criteria for Roll Over Protective Structure for Crawler Tractors and Crawler Type Loaders SAE Recommended Practice July 1970