This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Fatigue and Fracture of Advanced Composite Materials
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1973 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents a brief review of some of the contributing factors in design for fatigue and fracture of advanced composite materials. Consideration is given to the roles which the fiber and matrix have in the static, fatigue, and fracture response of laminated composites. The statistical aspects of failure are also discussed.
|Technical Paper||Composite Stabilizer Bar Link|
|Technical Paper||Analytical Study on Delamination Drilling and Milling of Composite Material and Related Composite Metal Stacks|
CitationKaminski, B., "Fatigue and Fracture of Advanced Composite Materials," SAE Technical Paper 730337, 1973, https://doi.org/10.4271/730337.
- Kaminski B. E. Lemon G. H. McKague E. L. “Development of Engineering Data for Advanced Composite Materials: Volume I-Static and Thermophysical Properties.” Technical Report AFML-TR-70-108 I Wright-Patterson AFB October 1972
- “Military Standardization Handbook, Metallic Materials and Elements for Aerospace Structures.” September 1971
- Shockey P. D. Anderson J. D. Hofer K. E. “Structural Airframe Application of Advanced Composite Materials: Vol. V-Mechanical Properties, Fatigue.” Technical Report AFML-TR-69-101 V Wright-Patterson AFB March 1970
- Shockey P. D. Hofer K. E. “Development of Engineering Data for Advanced Composite Materials: Volume II-Fatigue and Load Rate Characteristics.” Technical Report AFML-TR-70-108 II Wright-Patterson AFB October 1972
- Freudenthal A. M. Itagaki H. Shinozuka M. “Time to First Failure for Various Distributions of Time to Failure.” Technical Report AFML-TR-66-241 Wright-Patterson AFB July 1966
- Waddoups M. E. Jackson S. K. Rogers C. W. “The Integration of Composite Structures into Aircraft Design.” Jrl. of Composite Materials 6 April 1972
- Halpin J. C. “Introduction to Viscoelasticity.” Composite Materials Workshop Technomic Publishing Co., Inc. 1968
- Halpin J. C. Kopf J. R. Goldberg W. “Time Dependent Static Strength and Reliability for Composites.” Jrl. of Composite Materials 4 1970
- Kaminski B. E. “Effects of Specimen Geometry on the Strength of Composite Materials.” ASTM Symposium on Analysis of Test Methods for High Modulus Fibers and Composites San Antonio April 1972
- Waddoups M. E. Eisenmann J. R. Kaminski B. E. “Macroscopic Fracture Mechanics of Advanced Composite Materials.” Jrl. of Composite Materials 5 October 1971
- Eisenmann J. R. Kaminski B. E. “Fracture Control for Composite Structures.” Jrl. of Engineering Fracture Mechanics 4 1972 907 913