This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Field Experience with Digital Control Systems for Vibration and Acoustic Testing
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1972 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper discusses fully-developed digital control systems used in vibration testing. The fundamentals of control are presented, along with a discussion of the final systems evolved. Of particular importance is the need to fully exploit the new levels of automation and safety available when computers are used. Performance is demonstrated using the results of operational tests.
CitationBosso, F., Ratz, A., and Sullivan, S., "Field Experience with Digital Control Systems for Vibration and Acoustic Testing," SAE Technical Paper 720821, 1972, https://doi.org/10.4271/720821.
- Bosso F. C. “Sine-Test Electrodynamic Vibration Systems Using Digital Control.” Proc. 16th Annual Meeting, IES April 1970
- Bosso F. C. Ratz A. G. “A Universal Transfer-Function Analyzer.” Proc. ISA New York 1968
- Bosso F. C. “Sample Data Systems.” Instruments and Control Systems November 1971
- Borgioli R. Schrage M. “Aliasing Effects on Single-Tone FFT Measurements.” Internal Memo Computer Signal Processors, Inc. Burlington, Mass. April 1970
- Ratz A. G. “The Development of Digital Control System for Electrodynamic Vibration Exciters.” Proc. 17th Annual Meeting, IES April 1971
- Papoulis A. “Error Analysis in Sampling Theory.” Proc. IEEE 54 7 July 1966
- Bergland G. D. “A Guided Tour of the Fast Fourier Transform.” IEEE Spectrum July 1969